want2bonh20    0

I need assistance from anyone who has a Gladiator Tower Bimini. I took a road trip recently and somehow 3 of my 4 bimini support poles worked their way out of the canvas cover and I have lost those poles. I am working with a dealership who is in communication with Centurion the issue is, the need photos of the poles in order to have the pole made. I have the front port pole and I have sent them photos of that pole next to a tape measure. What I need, if anyone here has and would be willing, is photos of the rear poles that go from the top/rear of the gladiator tower the the rear of the bimini. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advnace

Ken 

Jlagos    23

That is the oddest request I have ever heard from a manufacturer. I can get for you the picture possibly this weekend. I assume the sv240 has the same hardware.

want2bonh20    0

Thanks, J... Yes, that is correct. They, Centurion, are asking for photos and measurements for the poles in order to have them made... My other option from Centurion was to "reorder" the entire frame and support poles. I'm refusing to go that route as there is nothing wrong with the bimini frame.

lyonboarder    4

Just took pictures for you.  PM me your contact info and I will send them.  Cannot upload here.  The company that made the tower and bimini went out of business around 2009.  They are long gone.  Sewlong in SLC Utah I believe has made after market biminis for that tower.  They may also be of help.

lyonboarder    4
13 hours ago, lyonboarder said:

Just took pictures for you.  PM me your contact info and I will send them.  Cannot upload here.  The company that made the tower and bimini went out of business around 2009.  They are long gone.  Sewlong in SLC Utah I believe has made after market biminis for that tower.  They may also be of help.

Scratch that.....I have the Evolution tower, not the Gladiator.  However, Sewlong in SLC may still be of help to you.

want2bonh20    0

Sent PM but I sent it before I read the last message you sent. I understand you have the Evolution Tower... Thanks for your help!!

Ken E.

Cdifranco    463

Tell Centurion to get their ish together.  They sold me a new bimini top (the poles only) 2 seasons ago for a STEEP price. I cant get on my boat till 2 weeks from now but I could take photos then.

WakeDoc    471

Will not be back to boat until next weekend can get what you need then. I would consider making them yourself, not much to them, checkout Sailrite.com they carry everything including tubing. Thinking about it I am actually shocked that you lost a front leg, they are connected to the frame. You need the two pointed at by red arrows and the one the arrow is point to on the right in the second picture?

gallery_66_187_74683.jpg

gallery_66_187_25876.jpg

Topic I did on taking one down/putting it up if needed.

• Like 1

want2bonh20    0

Doc, Thanks for the pic's... Yes, the two in the rear is what I need measurements for and, I am also missing the front starboard pole as you show in the second photo. I would remove those four poles when I stowed the bimini... Unfortunately for me, I was not the last person to stow the bimini. My wonderful bride and here sister's family took the boat out and were the last to use it before I went on the road trip with the boat...  Not blaming her, just don't know how the poles were placed inside the cover. When I went to put the bimini up at my destination, there was only the one front "port side" pole left in the cover... I trailer with a full cover on the boat as well, so, if they worked their way out they would have fallen off the cover and onto the road side.

Thanks for recommending the one site and to build the rear poles myself... I would agree with you there. I am considering taking the one front pole Ii have to a local machine shop and seeing if they can make that pole for me.

Thanks again,

Ken

want2bonh20    0

Doc, are these poles Aluminum or stainless?

WakeDoc    471

I believe they are stainless

• Like 1

want2bonh20    0

I ended up ordering Aluminum because Sailrite didn't have one of the diameters I needed in Stainless... Hopefully it will work!

Cdifranco    463
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:20 PM, want2bonh20 said:

I ended up ordering Aluminum because Sailrite didn't have one of the diameters I needed in Stainless... Hopefully it will work!

AL, SS, either or should both work fine.

• Like 1

want2bonh20    0

Doc, were you able to get the measurements for the rear poles? I know there was a slight bend on one end of the poles as well. Thanks!

Ken