Sign in to follow this  
DaveInTahoe

clamp-style board rack for Dropzone tower?

DaveInTahoe    9

Is there a clamp mount style board rack that fits the new dropzone tower? Does the mount have a nautique compatible bolt pattern?

I would like to use something like the PTM Edge wide-fork rack, and I'd like to know if the dropzone tower can accommodate this.

The reason I ask.. is that i'm contemplating the finer points of a new purchase (most likely ri257, maybe fi25). I like that the dropzone tower has side-tow-points. We make use of these on a 25LSV often for new riders, and it takes a whole variable out of the equation for them when they're learning.

However, I only see pictures of the dropzone tower with those wacky board new racks. I've used alot of racks, and I can say 100% I only want clamping racks, because they are the only rack that makes it easy to get boards in-and-out without flipping the rack into the boat. 

Is it possible to get the old maximus tower clamping board racks to fit on the dropzone tower?

Are there aftermarket clamping racks that fit the dropzone tower?

DaveInTahoe    9

PTM Edge says their wide-mouth CBR 200 clamp rack will fit the dropzone tower with their 4-bolt adapter.

IMG_2958_sm.jpg.d4b95cb9c8a2535d4957c6baafac2105.jpg