Sign in to follow this  
InfinitySurf

Ramfill conversion from Drainmaster to Valterra?

InfinitySurf    302

Looking for some kind of dealer instruction sheet for this upgrade for a 2014 SV233/244 with Ramfill....OR a few pictures from someone who has a 2016 SV233/244 or FS33/FS44 (possibly 2015 was also upgraded from factory?) so I can see how the upgrade kit is placed. Or pics from someone with a 2014 like mine that has already been converted over by a dealer....? I need to see the area by the hull scoop to see how it is extended to the rear as well as the connection to the actual Ramfill tanks under rear seats. 1 of my Drainmasters on Port fill gate finally went bad, electric motor wont cycle tho I can manually open/close...thinking water reached the internal motor and fried it.

I have the Valterra upgrade kit from Fineline (zero instructions) but on the fill gates its not plug and play since the plunger on the Valterra will not go all the way up in the factory position it hits the bottom of the back seat. The conversion is supposed to move the valve placement further back so this does not happen and the kit included shorter stainless elbow pipes with 90 degree bend, a 45 degree PVC elbow, a 6" section of hose to couple and a metal flange (I dont see anywhere this flange could even work on my boat).....however no matter how I configure it, I cannot get it to make the connection between the hull scoop and the Ramfill tanks.

The reason its too close to back seat is cause factory installed the flange that connects to the valves directly to the hull scoop. These are glued into place (I hope its glue, looks suspiciously like resin), I am sure they will be a bear to move....any ideas on best way to get this glue to break free? I know I will have to remove that flange since its the only way to extend it back so the plunger will clear. My guess is that the 45 degree PVC angle gets glued to the scoop in place of what was put there by factory. Then the square flange and the Valterra.....then the 90 degree stainless elbow and then new 6" long rubber coupling likely connects the new stainless elbow to the actual Ramfill tanks.

3 pic attached. 1st shows the factory setup on Drainmasters (already removed them). 2nd pic shows the connection under rear seats to the actual Ramfill tanks. 3rd pic shows the difference between the original Drainmaster and the new Valterra valves.

If someone can help me figure this out, I will be happy to do a detailed write-up on how I do the conversion so anyone needing it in the future will have actual instructions. Appreciate any help!

Factory Drainmaster setup.jpg

Factory conn to tanks.jpg

Drainmaster vs Valterra valves.jpg

InfinitySurf    302

@NW Boat Sports I know you have done the conversion on a couple models, any chance you can help me with an instruction sheet or some pics show the conversion layout? Attaching a picture of the parts that came with the kit. On the left is the factory stainless pipe with the original boots on it....the rest are the parts that came with the kit including the new stainless pipe with the 90 degree bend.

Conversion parts for Valterra.jpg

HutchCanada    4

I believe Labrandon over on the Official Centurion Facebook page has a file on this

InfinitySurf    302

Yes, I messaged Labrandon after posting this and he was able to track down that file for me the following day and then he posted it to the FB files so anyone looking down the road will have it.

I got it done....but will say that I was NOT able to follow the instructions exactly, guessing its cause these boats are all slightly different being hand made and I don't have enough clearance between the Fill Scoop and the v-drive so if I point the metal conversion bracket "down" (like instructions say) the valve hits the 90 degree metal brackets that go into the sides of the v-drive. (I saw detailed pics on another 2014 SV244 and on his boat, there is several more inches of clearance which allowed his to be done according to the instructions....and we have identical boats). But after cussing a bunch I was able to just modify those new metal brackets that mount to the fill scoops by drilling new holes (so I could turn them) and grinding off some of the top flange, I then pointed each of them toward the outside hull of the boat (they have a slight angle to them). Doing this allowed  me to clear the v-drive  and just barely clear the corner of the gas tank. Everything else worked out, it was a labor intensive conversion with a lot of fitting/testing....then modifying slightly and re-fitting till it worked (all on the fill side). The drain gates were fairly easy, just gotta turn the valves so the plunger does not hit the engine dividers.

I plan to do a detailed write up with pictures of everything I did, just have not had the time yet