jordanwake    0

I have an 07 elite v c4 and want to get the gaterstep kit that is patterned/ available for a 2006 elite v c4 on the gator steps website . I would assume and from looking at pics the boats would use the same pattern except on gator steps site it shows 2 round holes cutout in the floor and on our 2007 it only has one. Does anyone have a 2006 that can confirm it has the 2? or has anyone ordered from that pattern and put in a different year c4

thanks

rhino89523    34

I just did gatorstep in my Avy and the pattern wasn't perfect for my model. I dealt with a guy named Mason Obray and he took great care of me. The way it works is you pay $50 and they send you a precut pattern. I went with the one that was the closest to my boat...same thing it had an extra table cut out. The $50 is applied to your order if you go with Gatorstep so it really isn't a charge. I sent them back my templates with the changes (I covered the hole with tape)and a week or so later they sent me back another set of templates with the modifications I had made to test fit again. This set was perfect so I paid the amount for the pieces I wanted, I picked my pattern and colors and they said it would be a couple weeks for the floor to show....it showed in like 3 days. It looks killer. 

I did some Chinese copy floor of a gatorstep type flooring last year. I had to router all the edges and it came out looking pretty good, but not even close to the look of gatorstep. The knockoff stuff was slippery and in my opinion dangerous, and it started to de-laminate between layers towards the end of the summer. The Gatorstep is holding up well, was easy to install and looks killer....cool on the feet and all that, I'm sure you have done the homework.  

Mason Obray | GatorStep LLC
Sales & Marketing
2830 Industrial Ave. Hubbard, OR 97032
11270 Threadstone Ln. Knoxville, TN 37932
C: 503-930-4801 | P: 800-603-5246 

Call Mason he will take care of you. 

No I don't work for Gatorstep and I don't get any referral fee...just a happy customer. 

• Like 1

rhino89523    34

No I didn't, my platform is teak, and unlike most I kind of like it. The color of the wood looks cool with my boat. If I had to replace it I would go fiberglass but it is low on the priority list. I wouldn't hesitate to cover one in Gatorstep, the grip on the stuff is great. I was originally going to do my floor in the Gatorstep molded stuff  (has a bunch of little dimples) because the Chinese copy stuff I used was so slick when it gets wet, and Mason talked me out of it saying he has zero complaints about it getting slick. He said the molded was more for like guys fishing wearing shoes.