@Jake707, thanks for the tip about tying the device to a bumper. I have seen the shaper fall off and whip around to the back platform. Fortunately it has not hit the transom but I will be trying your method next time out.  I finished my 3rd version last night. I found better brackets that are a more perfect triangle. Links below for specific materials. I have used a larger cutting board since the pressure on the suction cups should be less severe in theory. I may need to shrink the cutting board if it gives the suction cups issues. Mods to supplies that were made: Space in the cutting board handle was trimmed off to fit around the grip of the suction cup handle. Cutting board edge comes down as close to the suction cups with only the base for the bracket being between the cutting board and the suction cup. Suction cups were popped off for easier drilling through the plastic where a screw connects the bracket. 4 holes were drilled in the cutting board (2 around the cutting board handle and 2 more about 3/4 of the way up the board). 2 holes were drilled into the metal brackets. I used a nail and hammer to punch the brackets first so the drill bit had a hole to rest in for accurate drilling without sliding over the metal surface. Materials: Harbor Freight Suction Cup handle 10''x14'' plastic cutting board Triangular shelving bracket .75" screws with matching nuts and washers (10-32 x 0.75" worked with the existing holes in the brackets) Pictures: