1jeffgignac    7

The internet is awash with how-to's for DIY wave shapers that all more or less have the same fatal flaw......they are based on mounting bracket platform that cause a 90* angle.  I tried two iterations (90* and 70*?) of my wedge with this platform unsuccessfully prior to trying a new design. Effect on the wave was awesome (regular and goofy) but the hard angle applies too much pressure to the suction cups and struggles to stay on for the length of a surf session. Riding through other boats chop really seemed to unsettle the suction cups. Pic below is my original design with standard 90* angle. No pictures of the 2nd iteration. I'll be adding photos and process of my next iteration for a <$40 wave shaper with pictures, parts, and assembly directions.

Who else out there has built one and what did you do better/differently? Floating attachments? Better suction cups? Etc.?

IMG_0758.jpg.c0cd0af2fde98c93d0de34cff7caf62c.jpg

Jake707    171

I built one initially and used similar materials as yours but my starboard was thicker and I put in spacers on the bottom between the board and angle bracket which angled the board back. I don't have any pictures handy and wouldn't be able to post them here anyway but put and inch or so spacers with longer bolts on the bottom mount and it should angle it for you and still be sturdy.

for floatation I ran a three or four foot line from one of the angle brackets up to a small bumper normally used to go between the dock and boat. I keep the bumper on the seat closets to where the shaper is mounted since nobody should be sitting there anyway as it would affect the surf wave. Then if the shaper falls off it falls away from the boat and the bumper is pulled out keeping it afloat and a marker of where it is. Do not tie it to the boat, Ive seen what the do if left bouncing around banging into the boat or even the rider behind.

1jeffgignac    7

@Jake707, thanks for the tip about tying the device to a bumper. I have seen the shaper fall off and whip around to the back platform. Fortunately it has not hit the transom but I will be trying your method next time out. 

I finished my 3rd version last night. I found better brackets that are a more perfect triangle. Links below for specific materials. I have used a larger cutting board since the pressure on the suction cups should be less severe in theory. I may need to shrink the cutting board if it gives the suction cups issues.

Mods to supplies that were made:

• Space in the cutting board handle was trimmed off to fit around the grip of the suction cup handle. Cutting board edge comes down as close to the suction cups with only the base for the bracket being between the cutting board and the suction cup.
  • Suction cups were popped off for easier drilling through the plastic where a screw connects the bracket.
  • 4 holes were drilled in the cutting board (2 around the cutting board handle and 2 more about 3/4 of the way up the board).
  • 2 holes were drilled into the metal brackets. I used a nail and hammer to punch the brackets first so the drill bit had a hole to rest in for accurate drilling without sliding over the metal surface.

Materials:

Pictures:

5d42e68e3fecc_Shaperv3.0parts.jpg.8c7cbc068559ce4293e7ecf7d532a56b.jpg5d42e68fd9086_Shaperv3.0sideangleonboat.jpg.903846a2c564daf0fa562da13cd74f93.jpg5d42e691343c3_Shaperv3.0frontangleonboat.jpg.48d57ac4438aba8e7dae1176db100b4b.jpg

Jake707    171

Nice, one thing I did also is on the suction cup release tab closest to the cutting board I drilled a hole and attached a zip tie in a big loop so it was easier to reach in and grab it when time to release it from the boat.

rhino89523    34

I have almost the same thing made up....works killer. My glass handler is all metal and I used carriage bolts under it to attack shelf brackets. I used that same stainless shelf bracket shown in the first picture and then spaced it off with a couple old 3/8 deep sockets to create an angle. I have a leash on mine...it has never come off while underway, it did get dropped a few times while people were trying to attach it. 

1jeffgignac    7

It's been two weeks since I made shaper v3.0 and it has been killing me that I have not been able to try it out......until this past Saturday! Extended family has been at the lake house and I have not been able take the boat out.

Durability: The shaper remained attached to the side of the boat for roughly 3 hours worth of surfing on a busy Saturday in a heavily trafficked cove.  This included starting and stopping, riding through other boats wake and waves. The shaper stayed attached the entire time and never once had to be tinkered with. Reducing the cutting board angle has made this shaper rock solid. As opposed to tethering to the boat I took everyone's advice and attached to a bumber to avoid having the shaper swing back and hit the hull.

Boat setup: 250 rear lockers, 250 built in center cabin, 750 fat sac center cabin, 350 lbs sand and lead in nose, 7 adults spread throughout the boat. This outing had too much bow weight as two of the larger adults were up front which took a bit of push out of the back of the wave (I think).

Shape: As to be expected with the less severe angle, the impact on the wave was a bit less drastic. The shaper still did an EXCELLENT job cleaning up the wave and allowing for the boat to remain evenly weighted for a more comfortable ride for passengers.

IMG_0825a.jpg.f65ffeb9a9b17d8b9f4d19179873ba7a.jpg

Jake707    171

750 center cabin? You mean you had a 750 on the floor in the cabin? Get them 250 hard tanks out of the lockers and through 750s back there in each, then youll be way better off and youd only need to buy one more bag. Keep the 350 up front and have everyone sit on the surf side, this might list slightly but nothing major, and youll notice a huge improvement.

1jeffgignac    7

@Jake707, The rear tanks are bags that are plumbed in so it will actually be quite easy to swap those out for 750's. When I bought the first 750, I didn't think it would fit rear locker so it has filled up the main cabin floor but have since tested it in a back locker and it is cozy but fits with some room to sparer.

Ordering another 750 so I can fill both lockers and going to use the 250 bags throughout the cabin and as surf side weight. I'd like to get 5-6 more feet of length before the curl starts based on the picture above.

Jake707    171

Its hard to scale how long the pocket is but in the pic it looks pretty good for that boat. 5 or 6 more feet for the pocket might be a tall order. If you add much more bow weight it might just knock the top off the wave and youll have a long ripple haha.

Play around with it until you find the right balance. I personally run an 1100 on the port side locker since we rarely have goofy riders. It wont fill all the way without popping up the sun deck so I fill it as much as possible which is def more than the 750 I have on the other side. This gives it a slight list and still sinks it pretty good for the nauticurl.  You can try that or if you switch sides somewhat regularly Id stay with dual 750s. I also have the fat suck under the seats bow bag and a fatsac brick I throw on the floor in the bow plus what ever people I need up there. Might be better to add more bow weight instead of sacs on the floor in the cabin, wouldn't take as much weight to sink the boat down the same amount, its basically leveraging the boat up front.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..