SURFDOGG    0

I'VE GOT A 2013 SV244 WITH THE 7" TOUCHSCREEN. I'VE BEEN HAVING PROBLEM WITH GHOST TOUCHES. PUMPS TURN ON/OFF BY THEMSELVES SPEED UNLOCKS AND HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS ISSUE AND WHAT CAN BE DONE? THANKS

Nick213    583

I’ve got the same year and model boat. Fortunately no problems with the touchscreen as of now. I did have it turn off on its own once but that was because of a low battery. 

Maybe start by making sure your batteries have a full charge and clean the screen really well. I say clean the screen really well because they can get smudges. Also try going into dealer screen (code is 91) and recalibrate the touchscreen.

Id check all that off the list before purchasing a new one.

Cdifranco    463

Try everything said above. It won’t work, and you’ll end up shelling out big money for a new screen. Just went through this this summer. 

HutchCanada    4

Yep, 2015 FS33, first screen glitchy, now replacement screen even worse. Going for a third screen and wiring harness...thank god still under warranty

HutchCanada    4

Update: no service yet, too busy using the boat! Anyway, I have found way less ghosting when using presets.  One for surfing, one for cruising with no ballast.  This has reduced my restarts to about one or two per 2 hour session.  Still not happy about it, there is definitely something wrong.  I have checked all connections to see if tight or corroded.  I'm pretty sure it is not the screen itself but the wiring.  Going to replace to harness on the back of the screen and see what happens.  

Cdifranco    463
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:06 AM, HutchCanada said:

Update: no service yet, too busy using the boat! Anyway, I have found way less ghosting when using presets.  One for surfing, one for cruising with no ballast.  This has reduced my restarts to about one or two per 2 hour session.  Still not happy about it, there is definitely something wrong.  I have checked all connections to see if tight or corroded.  I'm pretty sure it is not the screen itself but the wiring.  Going to replace to harness on the back of the screen and see what happens.  

Best of luck... I personally was disappointed with Centurions explanations for my screen issues and the fact Enovation Controls (manufacturer of the screen) will not even discuss it with the consumer was even more frustrating

Rich R    0

I had the same problem with my 2013 SV211.  Talked to Centurion, my dealer, and reached out to Enovations.  Only solution was to replace the screen - $3400.  Good luck!

InfinitySurf    302

I thought I read somewhere that the manufacture could re-furbish the screens for around $1,500 rather than replacement if you sent it too them? 

If wire harness issues are at the core for some boats, that may explain why some boats don't seem to have any issues while others do and sometimes require several replacement screens in a short period of time. I would think that heat would also accelerate screen issues especially in boats that are kept covered/stored outside. I can imagine in places like FL, GA, TX etc....a covered boat outside will get quite hot.

Cdifranco    463
22 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

I thought I read somewhere that the manufacture could re-furbish the screens for around $1,500 rather than replacement if you sent it too them? 

If wire harness issues are at the core for some boats, that may explain why some boats don't seem to have any issues while others do and sometimes require several replacement screens in a short period of time. I would think that heat would also accelerate screen issues especially in boats that are kept covered/stored outside. I can imagine in places like FL, GA, TX etc....a covered boat outside will get quite hot.

Went down that avenue.  Was told they would not refurbish the screen and I had to buy direct from Fineline.  They said per contract they were not allowed to go direct to consumer. 

I would believe anything subjected to TX, AZ etc heat wouldn’t last as long as elsewhere. But I’m in NH, our summers are “warm” and short at best. I just hope after 4K $ and zero explanation about anything my boat screen is fixed for good.