I have the plunger fake lake and would like to update to the tee with garden hose adapter.  I don't have a valve where the water uptake hose comes in to the boat.   Do you guys think if I put a check valve before the tee to prevent the water from escaping out the intake hose it would be ok or should I just install a ball valve? 

MobEnzo    51

Strange there is no ball valve in the hull. The ball valve is more to keep water out of the boat if something leaks. For just adding T and valve, it is not necessary. I wouldn’t add a check valve, because you don’t want to force hose water through the motor. You want the motor to pull the water through. I close the ball valve only for winterizing. It helps for winterizing too, to keep antifreeze from pouring out when running it through the motor. I do open the valve after for winter storage.

InfinitySurf    302

If you installed a Perko flush pro unit, you do not need a valve since it has a built-in plunger/check valve that keeps water from back-flowing when you put on the garden hose. That is what I have in my boat tho it did come from factory with ball valve at hull, have literally never turned it off tho to run the engine on the hose or to pull RV anti-freeze thru it to winterize.

Link is so you can see what the unit looks like, you also need to order the right size, think the joints come in 1" & 1 1/4" diameter depending on the size of your hoses.

https://www.fruugo.ca/perko-flush-pro-valve-1-14/p-31254730-64887074?ac=bing&language=en&msclkid=8a441dcaf4ab1b1d243240fb4bd6ea76&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=CA - Desktop - (100-500]&utm_term=4575548921422078&utm_content=CA - Desktop - (100-500]

Edited by InfinitySurf

superdtf    68
On 7/18/2019 at 5:41 PM, MobEnzo said:

Strange there is no ball valve in the hull. The ball valve is more to keep water out of the boat if something leaks. For just adding T and valve, it is not necessary. I wouldn’t add a check valve, because you don’t want to force hose water through the motor. You want the motor to pull the water through. I close the ball valve only for winterizing. It helps for winterizing too, to keep antifreeze from pouring out when running it through the motor. I do open the valve after for winter storage.

Don't put a check valve in.  It's not setup for the pressure/flow.  Absolutely put a valve in if you don't have one.  It'll save your boat when the pooh goes down.

WakeDoc    471
On 7/19/2019 at 8:05 AM, InfinitySurf said:

If you installed a Perko flush pro unit, you do not need a valve since it has a built-in plunger/check valve that keeps water from back-flowing when you put on the garden hose. That is what I have in my boat tho it did come from factory with ball valve at hull, have literally never turned it off tho to run the engine on the hose or to pull RV anti-freeze thru it to winterize.

Link is so you can see what the unit looks like, you also need to order the right size, think the joints come in 1" & 1 1/4" diameter depending on the size of your hoses.

https://www.fruugo.ca/perko-flush-pro-valve-1-14/p-31254730-64887074?ac=bing&language=en&msclkid=8a441dcaf4ab1b1d243240fb4bd6ea76&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=CA - Desktop - (100-500]&utm_term=4575548921422078&utm_content=CA - Desktop - (100-500]

Second this, add a short hose to it and quick connects.

Smokytrail    0
On 8/20/2019 at 8:49 AM, HutchCanada said:

Install a Groco SSC and be done with it.  Functions as a flush kit/winterizing adapter as well as an emergency bilge pump.  Highly recommend 

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=2755962

I had this on a boat and loved it!