Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

Vdrive dip stick access???

Lofty    0

2015, new to me s226, I’m trying to pull the yellow dip stick in the vdrive and can’t get more than 1/8 turn before it’s jammed between the exhaust and a wired in sensor. Anyone have some insight? Am i missing something?

Cdifranco    463

Is the V drive not "Maintenance free"....

Lofty    0

It’s new to me,so I’m not a 100% but it has a yellow dip stick that would indicate checking a level.?

reading more.. correct me if you have more knowledge...  the transmission  and the vdrive are two separate parts in the same housing? Trans is maintenue free and the vdrive is serviceable ie adding or changing the fluid?

InfinitySurf    302

The trans and vdrive are separate. Looking down into the boat from back seat....the vdrive is first and the trans is behind it.

Your owners manual will specify the details.

On my boat, the v-drive is the "maintainance free" one tho when you read the fine print, they says 5yrs or 500hrs. It should have a square headed bolt to open that one (not a dipstick) and it takes a special 50 weight synthetic oil, NautiqueParts carries it.

Transmission has yellow dipstick, you remove it, wipe it off and then re-insert without threading it in to check the level and do it when engine is cold. Takes DEXIII trans oil, should hold about 2 quarts. I replace my trans oil every year.