Sign in to follow this  
Marvdude

SV233 proVision problems

Marvdude    1

Hi Guys, I’m having problems with the touch screen on a 2014 sv233. After around 1 hour of running the data to speed ,rpm, oil pressure , temperature, fuel  , engine hours . Flicks in and out and can disappear for several minutes. At the same time the analog speed and rpm drops to zero. The trim up and down and cats stop working. The speaker lights ( wet sounds) also so play up ( flashings in and out whilst having this problem) I’ve just replaced both batteries and no joy. The alternator is new and showing 13.5v.  Any advice much appreciated!

InfinitySurf    302

Probably needs a software update (you can ask dealer for that)....possible that screen is going out, others have had this happen. Either way you will want to try to software update first if you have not already done that.

Check your connections into the back of the screen too to be sure no corrosion, etc.

Marvdude    1

Thanks InfinitySurf, My next problem is I’m in Hong Kong with the boat and there is no dealer unfortunately. I’m sure the software is pretty out of date by now, do you know of a contact who could possibly post it out? I will check the connections the the back of the screen.

Thanks again

Marv

0B374A10-BF06-4D62-ACE6-87B26EF4242E.jpeg

25F55BFB-9C6A-44CB-BCEC-2F5182575B16.jpeg

InfinitySurf    302

Since you don't have access to a dealer, I would suggest that you contact Fineline and see if they will email the update to you direct. You would download it to a USB thumb drive that does not have anything else on it and then update the system using the plug in under dash.

You could try emailing Nicole Turpin, she has always been very helpful with me. I would email her these pictures, as well as the year, make, model and you hull number.

NTurpin@centurion-supreme.com

Nicole Turpin

Customer Service

Phone # (209)205-2188

455 Grogan Ave

Merced, CA 95341

cid:image001.png@01D224A0.A8A52C10

Marvdude    1

Cheers Buddy, I will try and get in contact with Nicole.

Your help is much appreciated !

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Screens are known to fail I just had mine replace in the winter of 2018-19. I wouldn't waste any time with an update. Are you still under warranty?

Cdifranco    463

Yes if you're under warranty get on this ASAP.   I wasted the time on the software update etc, nothing work.  Replaced the screen last weekend at 3700$ and it fixed the issue (so far).