Sign in to follow this  
SurfRipper8180

New RI237 owner

Recently Purchased a RI237. Looking for best surf setups. Boat has Ramfill and Plug play rears. Also have 500#'s of lead but have not used yet. regular footed riders. basic set up 10.9 - 11.2 mph, stinger plate 18 -22, tab 65 - 70 / 0 on opposite tab. typical crew 4 people. Just wondering what others are running> Much appreciated. stoked to be in the Centurian family. Old boat was an Axis A22. huge diff right out of the box.

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

BoardCo did some good videos of surf wave setup for the RI boats.

http://www.mmwatersports.com/boat-performance/setting-up-the-centurion-ri237-goofy-side-wake-surf-wake/

If you type "BoardCo, RI237 surf setup" into the search bar on youtube it will bring up several video's from them like this below 1st one.

wheels    151
4 hours ago, SurfRipper8180 said:

Recently Purchased a RI237. Looking for best surf setups. Boat has Ramfill and Plug play rears. Also have 500#'s of lead but have not used yet. regular footed riders. basic set up 10.9 - 11.2 mph, stinger plate 18 -22, tab 65 - 70 / 0 on opposite tab. typical crew 4 people. Just wondering what others are running> Much appreciated. stoked to be in the Centurian family. Old boat was an Axis A22. huge diff right out of the box.

Here is what I run and found to be the best. 

Ram port 100%

ram starboard 90%

plug n play rear bags 100%

center tank 70%

bow bag 0%

surf tab 70

stinger plate 50

cats -10

200lbs lead in each rear locker at the very rear

100lbs lead under each corner rear seat

speed 11.7 to 12mph

beat wave I’ve ridden 

SurfOsoyoos    1
5 hours ago, wheels said:

Here is what I run and found to be the best. 

Ram port 100%

ram starboard 90%

plug n play rear bags 100%

center tank 70%

bow bag 0%

surf tab 70

stinger plate 50

cats -10

200lbs lead in each rear locker at the very rear

100lbs lead under each corner rear seat

speed 11.7 to 12mph

beat wave I’ve ridden 

You need to ride a 257.... ;)

Thanks for the great info. I did stumble on to the Boardco vids. They def helped. 

SurfOsoyoos, great feedback. I see you run a RI257. Sick boat. I am going to dial up settings tomorrow when we jump on lake. I wonder how they will translate to 237. Also boat is a 19' but didn't come built with cats. Might affect a little bit. Thoughts? Cant wait to ride. Really love the boat. Huge upgrade from Malibu products. In my opinion. 

wheels    151
1 hour ago, SurfOsoyoos said:

You need to ride a 257.... ;)

Haha, no, that’s why I said best wave I’VE ridden. Don’t want to have to buy a new boat. Haven’t seen a new 257 on the lake yet? 

wheels    151
1 hour ago, SurfRipper8180 said:

Thanks for the great info. I did stumble on to the Boardco vids. They def helped. 

SurfOsoyoos, great feedback. I see you run a RI257. Sick boat. I am going to dial up settings tomorrow when we jump on lake. I wonder how they will translate to 237. Also boat is a 19' but didn't come built with cats. Might affect a little bit. Thoughts? Cant wait to ride. Really love the boat. Huge upgrade from Malibu products. In my opinion. 

That was me that replied with that information. I have a 2017 ri237, surf osoyoos has a 257. Honestly the cats won’t make a huge difference and you have the opti v Hull. I came from Malibu’s and couldn’t be happier with my ri. No way I could go back. 

Cool. Thanks for the info. Cant wait to get back on the lake. Yeah we have a couple Malibu's with crew I ride with but after they rode behind the Centurion. A lot of chatter on who is next to jump. Thanks again. Let you know how set up goes.

• Like 1

SurfOsoyoos    1
On 7/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, wheels said:

That was me that replied with that information. I have a 2017 ri237, surf osoyoos has a 257. Honestly the cats won’t make a huge difference and you have the opti v Hull. I came from Malibu’s and couldn’t be happier with my ri. No way I could go back. 

I find running Cats can really help with beginner and skim riders. For the surf riders I only use cats just to clean up the rooster if there is a fully loaded boat and I don't want to ask people to move around.

You could go without it...but I would prefer to have the choice.