Specialblend07

2015 Supreme S226 seat issues

I haven't logged on here in a while, but figured I would to see if this is a normal issue? I tried one time to get help from CS at Supreme but it was a terrible experience. Anything else I should do? It looks like glue from underneath the seat and foam. It looks absolutely AWFUL in the sunlight, to the point I hate parking at restaurants and will not buy another Supreme. I understand it isn't brand new, but I've owned boats a lot older than this without this going on.

https://ibb.co/qry4XSZ
https://ibb.co/jgzMvBk
https://ibb.co/bj4z8jf
https://ibb.co/Jj7W4hd
https://ibb.co/J70cc2d
https://ibb.co/y4rwWZt
https://ibb.co/nD6Wc2K

Nolance    18

Is it still under warranty?  To me, it looks like condensation under the vinyl.  I have a similar pattern in my boat and that would not make me happy.

Could it be the dye from the cover?

InfinitySurf    302

Not normal! Is your warranty intact still? There was a bad batch of glue going around in that time-frame, tho I have not seen it manifest like this before, the bad batch was causing the vinyl to look like it had small divots in it where the thin foam backer was glued to the vinyl.

Only option is to send good pictures to Fineline, if potential warranty issue then typically they will ask that a cushion be shipped to them so they can inspect it. Do you have a dealer that will help you? If not, contact Nichole Turpin at Fineline office.

• Like 1

What's even worse, is that it looks twice as bad in the sun! We do a lot of docking up at restaurants and also tying up with large groups of boats. It has been noticed by nearly everyone I know. I also have the divot issue going on which looks bad too! I attached a picture below. I did speak with the factory last night and sent all the pictures. Hopefully they will offer a solution as it's not getting better and as of now I'm considering trading the boat in this winter/spring for a different manufacture due to this. I really like everything else, but this just aesthetically looks terrible. 

Divot issue below, photo comes in sideways for some reason.

https://ibb.co/sHwCW1f

Edited by Specialblend07

30 minutes ago, InfinitySurf said:

Not normal! Is your warranty intact still? There was a bad batch of glue going around in that time-frame, tho I have not seen it manifest like this before, the bad batch was causing the vinyl to look like it had small divots in it where the thin foam backer was glued to the vinyl.

Only option is to send good pictures to Fineline, if potential warranty issue then typically they will ask that a cushion be shipped to them so they can inspect it. Do you have a dealer that will help you? If not, contact Nichole Turpin at Fineline office.

I believe the warranty is still intact. I'm hoping for some information today from the manufacture. I have the divot issue as well which i highlighted in my post above this. Nice thing is, the Supreme dealer is about 5 minutes from my house. I wanted to go direct to Supreme first though just to have that nailed down. I'll keep this thread updated on what goes on. Being it's every cushion if they do ask me to send them back it's going to require quite a bit of work on the dealers part!

InfinitySurf    302
3 hours ago, Specialblend07 said:

What's even worse, is that it looks twice as bad in the sun! We do a lot of docking up at restaurants and also tying up with large groups of boats. It has been noticed by nearly everyone I know. I also have the divot issue going on which looks bad too! I attached a picture below. I did speak with the factory last night and sent all the pictures. Hopefully they will offer a solution as it's not getting better and as of now I'm considering trading the boat in this winter/spring for a different manufacture due to this. I really like everything else, but this just aesthetically looks terrible. 

Divot issue below, photo comes in sideways for some reason.

https://ibb.co/sHwCW1f

Exactly what I was referring to on the "divots", it's caused by a bad batch of glue per information I received. It was isolated to 2014/2015 from what I understand and obviously provided to Supreme by outside suppliers, so out of their control and from what I have seen/experienced, they made it right under warranty in those cases. Fineline is a stand up company. While it would make anyone want it fixed, this is not an indication of the brand....what matters is how its handled. The way you approach this can also have a big impact on how its handled.

Explain to the dealer that you recently confirmed there was a bad batch of glue during the time-frame your boat was built that causes these divots in the vinyl and when he passes on the info/pics/documentation, it should be taken seriously and can only help that you know what the root cause is. You are doing the right thing going to the dealer first before going direct, be sure you document the dealer being aware of the issue thru emails so if it takes a while to correct and the warranty runs out later this year, you are still covered since submitted while warranty was good. Making new skins takes some time especially during their busy season of making new boats.

Being nice and non-confrontational typically will net the best results. While it may be hard to do, don't get emotional, just provide the facts. Perhaps acknowledging that you know the bad glue came from a supplier chain issue and not from Supreme and that you know they have done all they can to make it right for other customers once discovered will likely help the situation since you want goodwill and want them to want to help you!

Best of luck

Just got off the phone with CS at Supreme. In 6 weeks I need to bring my boat to my dealer and they're going to replace the whole interior!

Pretty impressed! She said they were shocked to see just how bad it looked and it was obviously a reaction with the glue used. 

Jake707    171

Nice, you get to go the full summer worry free and then get a new interior for next year

InfinitySurf    302
21 hours ago, Specialblend07 said:

Just got off the phone with CS at Supreme. In 6 weeks I need to bring my boat to my dealer and they're going to replace the whole interior!

Pretty impressed! She said they were shocked to see just how bad it looked and it was obviously a reaction with the glue used. 

Nice, great job! Glad its being taken care of

Getssum    10

Glad to hear that there is a good resolution here. This is definitely not a "normal" vinyl issue at all!

viking    491

Nice to see Supreme backing up this issue 4-5 years later :)

Glad mine isn't doing it

PLOT TWIST....

So this has turned into an absolute nightmare and I'm getting ZERO help from the dealer (River Valley Marine). At the beginning of the month I called River Valley so I could pick up the seat skins, they came in late last year and I wasn't able to get my boat from dry storage. So anyways, the dealer informs me they had TWO skins and there's a $400 charge. Interestingly enough Supreme told me they would warranty the interior and I would just pay for install. Not TWO skins with a price tag, every seat/cushion/etc.

I e-mailed my contact on the e-mail chain from last season and was informed the employee I was dealing with is no longer there (of course) and due to COVID19 the CA factory is essentially shutdown. So 3 weeks ago I was informed that this new person would look into it and have an answer shortly, NO word back yet. I called River Valley who is again ZERO help and was told they remember the issue but basically they didn't want to help as they just want to sell boats. The general consensus of River Valley is they're only there to sell you the boat, whatever happens after good luck.

So now my interior still looks terrible, and I have no response from anyone as to whether they'll make it right after they told me they would.

At this point, unless something drastic happens shortly, I will NEVER buy a Supreme product again. I said this before, but they had seemingly made it right, turns out they didn't. I feel like I've totally been had. And I'm sympathetic to their shutdown in CA, but 3 weeks ago I was told I'd have an answer shortly. I wasn't expecting skins the next day, but at least an answer would have been nice. This has been the biggest cluster f*** I've ever dealt with in my life. Best part is, I have the correspondence and they won't even acknowledge that

jeepfrk9    8

I have a 15 226 with almost the same interior.  My doesn’t look as bad as yours but no doubt there is signs!! 
has it gotten worse?!...you have me worried. 
Did you work directly with fineline or did the send you to the dealer for communication?  

I’ll be following how this works for you. 
thanks! 

ryan

On 4/30/2020 at 10:01 PM, jeepfrk9 said:

I have a 15 226 with almost the same interior.  My doesn’t look as bad as yours but no doubt there is signs!! 
has it gotten worse?!...you have me worried. 
Did you work directly with fineline or did the send you to the dealer for communication?  

I’ll be following how this works for you. 
thanks! 

ryan

Yes, it has gotten worse, the "trails and divots" are a LOT more noticeable in the sun. It's actually pretty embarrassing. I've tried working with the dealer I bought it from and they're completely useless. I've been dealing with the CA factory, but I haven't gotten much feedback from them due to the COVID shutdowns. I re-sent my hull ID and am waiting to hear if they're going to make good on what they said last year.

Edited by Specialblend07

viking    491

some of my cushions are starting to split at the piping seam :(

For those that messaged me, I'm sorry I didn't get back. I haven't logged in for a long time and wanted to update this.

After TWO YEARS of battling this issue after I was told by Centurion/Supreme I'd be getting new skins under a goodwill I finally got them mid-March. This was after countless efforts by me, and also Centurion/Supreme telling me the seats were completed and on their way. The person I dealt with was helpful and I don't want to knock her down. BUT whatever was happening after her was just terrible.

The upholstery shop is installing the skins right now but informed me most of the skins didn't have the seams stitched which is going to add a large cost to me. Because it took so long they had to send me the 2018 color/design as they didn't have the fabric anymore. Which they did when I was first told they would fix the seat issues. Also, whoever the genius at Supreme was who cut them wrote with permanent marker on the back of the skins which bled through and onto other skins as well. So the upholstery shop spent a week cleaning them to get rid of the marker mess. All in all this added quite a bit of price on my end.

I understand they didn't have to "goodwill" my seats, but with how terrible they all looked and continually got worse, I think anyone trying to do damage control would have done the same. I will never own a Supreme product again, or deal with River Valley Marine who didn't do a thing (we've bought multiple boats through them). Again, the customer service person I dealt with was always nice to me so I don't want to knock her. But this took TWO years to fix. I've never seen this problem with the other boats I frequently see.  

But, hey I guess this ordeal is almost done with and summer is almost here. Probably should be happy about that!