bomoseen avy    45

Great 4th of July weekend...EXCEPT

Tonight took my 2013 SV230+ out for a twilight surf. Turned 500 hours today! PCM 343. Loaded the bags while idling along, hit the throttle and almost immediately buzzer started sounding. Put the boat in neutral, got back to home screen, saw check engine light on, opened hatch and oil was everywhere. Actually everywhere in front half of engine compartment. Shut the engine off, called my neighbor who towed me back to our slip. By the time I was back on the lift, pretty dark, and I don't really know the first thing I'm looking for, but I didn't see anything that looked crazy abnormal besides oil everywhere.

No dealer in VT, going to call my service guy tomorrow, just thought I would check to see if those more knowledgable could share their impressions. I know essentially nothing about engines. Thanks in advance for any help...

Cdifranco    463
18 minutes ago, bomoseen avy said:

Great 4th of July weekend...EXCEPT

Tonight took my 2013 SV230+ out for a twilight surf. Turned 500 hours today! PCM 343. Loaded the bags while idling along, hit the throttle and almost immediately buzzer started sounding. Put the boat in neutral, got back to home screen, saw check engine light on, opened hatch and oil was everywhere. Actually everywhere in front half of engine compartment. Shut the engine off, called my neighbor who towed me back to our slip. By the time I was back on the lift, pretty dark, and I don't really know the first thing I'm looking for, but I didn't see anything that looked crazy abnormal besides oil everywhere.

No dealer in VT, going to call my service guy tomorrow, just thought I would check to see if those more knowledgable could share their impressions. I know essentially nothing about engines. Thanks in advance for any help...

Your closest dealer is probably Silver Sands marina in Gilford NH. Just dealt with them ordering my touch screen.