I have a 2009 Centurion Storm Series Avalanche. The center ballast will turn on and fill and empty.  However, the port and starboard ballast pumps don't turn on. They worked when I picked up the boat but now when I hit the switch they don't come on. Is there an easy fix or something I should be looking for?  (inline fuse or ???) 

mikeyr114    0

Check the breaker panel? On my 2010 it's on the side starboard wall under steering wheel area, slightly behind side trim panel. 

swetpants    0

As stated above. Check the fuses for those ballast pumps. They're probably located under steering wheel. They will most likely be blown. Replace them and then try your pumps again. If they blow right away, you most likely have stuck impellers in the housing of the pump causing it to pop fuses. Replace the impellers and they will run like new.  

Packrat    7

Is there a chance the pumps were accidentally turned on while the boat was out of the water? If so the impellers are probably going to be bad. They can’t be run out of water if they are ballast puppies. Hopefully though it’s just a fuse. 

Jgrgich    0

I have on '02 Avalanche storm series 3.  I have one gauge on the dash for the center ballast tank and bags on both the left and right side.  All are filled by ballast pumps wired into my switch console.   I can tell when the center tank is empty (via the gauge) but really have no way to tell if the bags on the left and right are empty.  I read here and other places how its bad to run ballast pumps without water.  But when emptying the side bags how would I know when to turn them off?