Sign in to follow this  
Bradley

'10 Avalanche C4 ropeless wave

Bradley    1

I have a 2010 centurion avalanche C4.  It has 800lb fat sacs on the port and starboard side lockers beside the engine. I have the factory port, starboard and center hard tanks.  I believe there around 250lbs. and it came with an eight wakeshaper.  Ive tried filling every bag with the wakeshaper and also tried filling all the hard tanks and just the port side locker fat sac. Still no luck being able to go surfless.  Do I need more weight or is it just me. We have varied the speed from 10-12mph. Trim tab up and down but still no luck.  The wave looks pretty damn good. Any advice would be great.  Maybe add another 400 to 800 on the port side seat?  We all surf the port side by the way. Thanks.

Jake707    171

What board are you using and how much do you way? The wave doesn't sound like the problem, especially being an Avy, could just be you need practice to feel the push or your board is way to small.

My Elite is easy to surf behind with similar weight but took us some time to go ropeless. I ended up getting a bigger board (5' Inland surfer). Now I can carve pretty good and Im looking to go down in size a bit on the board.

Jake707    171

This was this past weekend on my 2000 Elite. Choppy water from other boats and still plenty of push and length to have fun.

Bradley    1

I weigh 215lbs and my board is a hyperlite broadcast 5'4.  Board is plenty big enough. I even went down to 2 fins cause another forum said it would make the board faster. 

Bradley    1

Would it be better too fill everybag? or just the side im surfing on? w/ the wakeshaper installed? 

Bradley    1

The fat sacs completely fill the compartments on the port and starboard sides of the engine. Are these maybe #1100 and not #800  like i originally thought they were.  Sorry for all the questions

Jake707    171

I have a 750 in my starboard and a 1100 in my port side lockers. We primarily surf regular. So I fill the 750 and then fill the 1100 as much as possible. If I fill it all the way it pops the rear hatch up so it’s a little under filled. I also have the fat sac under the bow seats that’s about 350#. Fill all that with the shaper on the opposite side of surfing and I’m good to go. Depending on crew size I might add the fat sac brick or two people in the bow to help extend the pocket. 

Troy    234

My Avy, we list it. Only fill the sacs on the surf side and center. I have about 100lbs or so in the bow.  The wave is very nice and easily surf-able.  Then also make sure your crew sits on the surf side only. Speed from 10.7-11.2 depending on lake conditions and the wave I want. Trim tab up.

We surf starboard side. Custom starboard sac (about 1400lbs?) Factory center, about a 100 in the bow, custom a-plate full up. usually only my wife and 2 kiddos in the boat. 

Bradley    1

I would rather not list the boat if I can avoid it.  Im thinking of trying the #800 in both lockers. Center factory and port side factory filled then sitting some people in the bow and port side to see how that goes before I spend money on weight for the bow. Which brand did you buy for the #350 that goes under the bow seat?

Jake707    171

this is the sac I have. It says 750, maybe that's the larger ones for other boats? I have read the one for mine is closer to 350 so who knows

https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-integrated-bow-sac.html?75=3&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItKLAntzD4gIVUlmGCh1gKwJpEAQYASABEgIqg_D_BwE

more bow weight lengthens but shortens the wave and pocket, less bow weight will give the wave more height but you might have to be right off the swim deck to feel any push. Find the happy medium.

mikeyr114    1

I have a 2010 c4 and have 750 bag port rear full with 250 hard tank rear starboard full as well as port mid and center tanks full. Use the mission delta @ 11 mph. I have plate down a touch to clean up lip. Good rope less wave with just wife and 2 small kids in boat but gets great w more people!! So only slightly listed. 

Dreamer    96
21 hours ago, Bradley said:

Would it be better too fill everybag? or just the side im surfing on? w/ the wakeshaper installed? 

With the suck gates you need to fill all your sacs and tank. Bow weight is also required for best results. The suck gate needs to be back as far as possible then play with the height. My boat likes it just at the top of the water, my friends Tige likes it well under.

bomoseen avy    45

Follow Dreamer's advice! Other posts show avy owner's suckgate set up as:

1100 lbs surf side

8-900 lbs non-surf side

450 lbs bow

full center tank

Bradley    1

Thanks everyone! Ill be trying these configurations out in the near future.  Need some big buddies to help me out before purchasing bags. 

Bradley    1

Did 800 on both sides of lockers.  Center tank full and port side hard tank full. With 3 people sitting in the bow. Which was about 425lbs and suck gate on the side. Took 2 buddies that knew how to wake surf. Said the wave looked great. They both could go Ropeless but I could not. They where using a Doomsdell surf style board and I used the hyper lite broadcast. The smaller guy used the hyper lite and could ride it rope less but not as well as the doomsdell. I’ll just keep trying. 

mikeyr114    1

That's great that you have the wave. If you have a shop around you that sells boards, see if they have a demo program. Most by me will let you try boards for a small cost and then apply that fee towards a purchase. May be the board, may be just need more practice. 

When you have ppl on the boat just move them around to fine tune your wake.

Jake707    171

Well at least you know its not the wave now. While that points it back to you, its one less thing to worry about haha

My Inland Surfer 5' (surf style) is a great board and really helped me learn the pocket. Being overweight when I started it was hard enough so the larger board helped. Now I think I would like a shorter board since I have the basics down but I would need to sell this to upgrade as money is tight so who knows if that will happen. Skim boards are loose and IMO harder for beginners to find that stable spot in the pocket

did you try the other boards your buddies brought?

Bradley    1

I did try his board a couple times but I fell off too quickly. So I switched back to my board.  He said next time he would bring the extra fins to make it more stable for me.