Sign in to follow this  
Birtdurner

1999 elite models?

Birtdurner    0

Mines a direct drive. Its wider than the last 1999 elite direct drive I had. 

The front walkthrough window is at least 4 inches wider, and the rear seat is wider and taller off the floor with part of an ell shaped gas tank under it. 

The front bow seats are similar, but the very front middle doesn't have storage  .

And it seems theres no ski locker on the floor up front either, unless the replaced flooring wasn't cut out?

Wierd. 

How many different models are there?

Seems longer too, and the rear trunk is way bigger. 

Edited by Birtdurner
Wasn't complete

Timr71    30

My cousin has a 1996 Falcon sport that he ordered direct from the factory. So basically, he explained to me the build process and from that I gleaned that many of these boats are more "custom" than standard.  They're all hand built and therefore many of the parts like the back seat are not interchangeable.  Also, dealers or the customer were able to make requests about how they wanted the boat configured so basically every option/feature was available even within the pre-configured build packages.  Makes it difficult to determine any amount of uniformity amongst models and years.  In theory you could've said, I'd like an Elite bowrider, but I like the shape of the Falcon wind shield so can I get the Falcon windshield instead of the rounded one? And they'd be like, Yep. And then you'd have a one off franken boat.  

Birtdurner    0

That's pretty neat. Okay, thanks. 

My last centurion was a dd bowrider with no frills at all, and this one now is very nice (considering its age).

It really does appear to be wider, I'm most certain,  I'll have to compare next time I see the old one at the lake.