sykes3

Installing New Boat Seat - 2005 Centurion T5 - NEED HELP/ADVICE!!!

sykes3    0

Hello I’m new to this group, but excited to be here and hope I can get some good help!

Curious if anyone has ever had experience with putting a new drivers seat into a 2005 Centurion T5 comp, or something similar?

Ive found a seat I like, but the biggest issue In running into is that the old seat was on a very specific, vary large platform instead of the new age pedestal type seats that are all out there now. I’m fine putting a pedestal in, but doing so would require me to drill new holes for the pedestal to set on and fasten to the bottom of the boat.

Problem with that is, no clue if there’s any wiring or anything “important” - sitting underneath the drivers seat area there. I also have no clue how I would fasten a nut to the bolt that would go in, as I have no idea how I would be able to get underneath there without having to take a bunch of stuff apart!

Any help with how to possibly take care of this so I can get on the water soon would be SO MUCH APPRECIATED. Hope to hear from anyone and everyone soon!

Timr71    30

I replaced the captains seat in my Falcon.  Most ski boats don't have pedestal style seating. What you need to get your new seat into your boat is a seat slider that mounts to the current platform.  

Something like this: 

Great Lakes Skipper seat slider

Post some pics. If your boat has the plastic base like mine, this is pretty east to do.  I cleaned up my base and then spray painted it black to make it look new again.  Underneath, I cut a piece of plywood as an insert to add rigidity.  I painted the plywood piece with some house paint just to give it some water protection even though water should NOT be in the seat base.  Then I mounted the slider to the base and then put the new seat on the slider.