Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BHamm

Prop for 2007 Centurion

Recommended Posts

BHamm    5

Hey everyone, have not had my boat out yet, but got a question on props.  It has an acme 1235 on it, as well as an extra 1235.  Is this a good prop for my boat?

I have seen others suggest a 1579 for 2007 Centurion AV C4.  For what it's worth we will mostly surf with it.

Thanks!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InfinitySurf    271
12 hours ago, BHamm said:

Hey everyone, have not had my boat out yet, but got a question on props.  It has an acme 1235 on it, as well as an extra 1235.  Is this a good prop for my boat?

I have seen others suggest a 1579 for 2007 Centurion AV C4.  For what it's worth we will mostly surf with it.

Thanks!!

 

ACME has a lot of data on props, if you call they will ask about how much ballast, elevation you are at, what engine you have, etc to recommend which would be best since you want to be in spec not only on size....but on rpm so you dont overrev the engine. Usually its recommended that you be able to get within 200rpm of your max rpm. ACME also has guarantee where if you order a prop and dont like it, you can swap it out free for another one, just pay for shipping charges.

Best pricing for props I have found is Nettle Props in Austin, TX...they also do good repairs on damaged props if you need that in future for any reason. Wakemakers.com also has some good prices on props.

I have a pdf document that has a list of recommended props from Fineline for years 2007-2015. Wont let me attach but I could email to you if you want. For 2007/2008 Avy C4....recommended surf prop is a #537. Its a 13.5 dia X 16" pitch with .105 pitch. Wakemakers has it for $429. Regular prop is #497 which is 13.5 dia X 17.5 pitch.

The #1579 is also 13.5" diameter....pitch is 14.25. Also $429 on Wakemakers.

Based on that info....you will want to look at your hull to be sure that 1235 is not pitting your gelcoat since the diameter is 14.5". If prop is too close to your hull and someone didn't have a after market prop bubble installed or a metal plate to protect the hull, prop blades can remove the gel. I think 3/4" is the closest recommended. My guess is that a prop with 14.5 diameter will struggle if you add a good amount of ballast and mostly surf. I am sure others with that boat will pipe up with what they have tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InfinitySurf    271

Here is a thread on props for your boats.

Sounds like 1631 & 1579 are the go to....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BHamm    5
2 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

ACME has a lot of data on props, if you call they will ask about how much ballast, elevation you are at, what engine you have, etc to recommend which would be best since you want to be in spec not only on size....but on rpm so you dont overrev the engine. Usually its recommended that you be able to get within 200rpm of your max rpm. ACME also has guarantee where if you order a prop and dont like it, you can swap it out free for another one, just pay for shipping charges.

Best pricing for props I have found is Nettle Props in Austin, TX...they also do good repairs on damaged props if you need that in future for any reason. Wakemakers.com also has some good prices on props.

I have a pdf document that has a list of recommended props from Fineline for years 2007-2015. Wont let me attach but I could email to you if you want. For 2007/2008 Avy C4....recommended surf prop is a #537. Its a 13.5 dia X 16" pitch with .105 pitch. Wakemakers has it for $429. Regular prop is #497 which is 13.5 dia X 17.5 pitch.

The #1579 is also 13.5" diameter....pitch is 14.25. Also $429 on Wakemakers.

Based on that info....you will want to look at your hull to be sure that 1235 is not pitting your gelcoat since the diameter is 14.5". If prop is too close to your hull and someone didn't have a after market prop bubble installed or a metal plate to protect the hull, prop blades can remove the gel. I think 3/4" is the closest recommended. My guess is that a prop with 14.5 diameter will struggle if you add a good amount of ballast and mostly surf. I am sure others with that boat will pipe up with what they have tho

I know the prop does work and there is no damage to the hull.  He used used it for the past few summers.  It does get pretty close to hitting the trailer though.  I will try contacting Acme, just from what i have seen so far, no one is running this particular prop for my boat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Troy    205

Also give Nettles a call. They were extremely helpful. I still haven't had my boat out to test the new prop (adult-ing sucks), when I do I'll update my thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cjohnson    33

The prop you go with depends on the gear ratio of vdrive. It'll be different if you have the 1:1 vs the 1.46:1.  If you call Acme they're super helpful and know their stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BHamm    5
3 hours ago, cjohnson said:

The prop you go with depends on the gear ratio of vdrive. It'll be different if you have the 1:1 vs the 1.46:1.  If you call Acme they're super helpful and know their stuff.

Oh, i had no idea there were different ratios available.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gear ratio switched sometime in 2005. Yours should have the 1:46. I  just put the 1631 on my 06 Avy. Will try it out this weekend and I can let you know how it does. I’m running 1100 lbs in each locker, full Center, mission delta shaper at 900 ft elevation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.