Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just got a new 2019 S238 with all available ballast and an additional 1000 pounds of lead bags. Having a hard time getting push out of the wave. Anyone want to share their settings? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquaholic1    3

Wow that’s a lot of lead! Why some much lead and not upgraded and added bags? What bags are in your lockers and where’s your lead placed? Also what are you filling and not filling? What are your tabs and stinger set at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquaholic1    3

I have upgraded to sumo 1000’s in my rear lockers with 150 lbs in lead in the back corners under the bags,  fatsac 260’s under each bench with 50 lbs of lead in the back of those, another 200 lbs of lead I place on the surf side in the corner on the bench, and then people are placed center and surf side. I have all my rear and center tanks/bags full with 30% in front. Goofy I have stinger at 30% and tab at 85%. Regular I have stinger at 70% with tab at 90%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been going through this learning process myself the last month.

I find that I have to adjust the stinger quite a bit during a session.  I start with it around 20 for each rider and then bring it down if I feel like the nose needs to come down.  It isn't really a set it and forget it thing.  I also never feel like I need weight in the front, I just just prefer to use the stinger to bring it down.

What speed are you surfing at? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquaholic1    3
19 minutes ago, Bird Island ZS said:

I have been going through this learning process myself the last month.

I find that I have to adjust the stinger quite a bit during a session.  I start with it around 20 for each rider and then bring it down if I feel like the nose needs to come down.  It isn't really a set it and forget it thing.  I also never feel like I need weight in the front, I just just prefer to use the stinger to bring it down.

What speed are you surfing at? 

What is your set up? And I’m usually around 11.2-11.4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have had the boat for a month or so.  The dealer had the flu when we took delivery so he didn't come out to show us anything at the time, we were so excited we didn't want to wait.  Every factory ballast option and no lead.  There are 9 different ballasts on the screen.  We started off filling everything except the bow.  I have been backing off now on the 2 drivers side tanks to about 50%.  Quicksurf at 80.  Everyone surfs regular so not sure about goofy side yet.  Usually have about 4-6 people in the boat. 

 

At first we were surfing a little faster (12.5 or so) but have since come down to around the same speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquaholic1    3
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Bird Island ZS said:

Have had the boat for a month or so.  The dealer had the flu when we took delivery so he didn't come out to show us anything at the time, we were so excited we didn't want to wait.  Every factory ballast option and no lead.  There are 9 different ballasts on the screen.  We started off filling everything except the bow.  I have been backing off now on the 2 drivers side tanks to about 50%.  Quicksurf at 80.  Everyone surfs regular so not sure about goofy side yet.  Usually have about 4-6 people in the boat. 

 

At first we were surfing a little faster (12.5 or so) but have since come down to around the same speed.

What boat are you in? As far as the stinger plate, that’s part of your issue. Use weight to bring the nose down and the stinger to adjust wash and length.

Edited by Aquaholic1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ZS232.  Thanks for the help I'll take any I can get.  I'll try it out this weekend and let you know how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2019 has new and larger rear plug and play bags so I shouldn't need to upgrade them. I added a 260 pound water sac on each side under the bench seats midship. we have 100 pounds of lead under each of those placed towards the rear. 250 pounds of lead under each rear plug and play in back in the corners. 300 pounds of lead that we put on the back of the boat on the surf side above the plug and play bag lockers. all available ballast full but we rarely have more than myself, my wife and one or 2 of our daughters in the boat. I surf goofy and weight 220. seems like we need more weights but damn... 1000 pounds of lead and 500 of added bags should be enough. Went out today with just the wife and we couldn't even let go of the rope. If anyone wants to call me its Chris at 813-695-6754.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019 at 11:38 AM, Aquaholic1 said:

Wow that’s a lot of lead! Why some much lead and not upgraded and added bags? What bags are in your lockers and where’s your lead placed? Also what are you filling and not filling? What are your tabs and stinger set at?

Tried running surf tabs at everything from 100 to 60 and stinger we play with quite a bit. We fill all available ballast, the 2019 has upgraded bags that take up the whole locker (can't remember what they are). we have the bow bag, bow tank, 2 QF tanks and 2 PnP bags (everything they offer). Lead is 250 under each PnP in rear, 100 in each midship locker under 260 pound midship bags and 300 pounds on top of the back of the boat above the PnP bags of surf side.Speed varies but 10.8 on regular side and 11 - 11.2 on Goofy side. we don't bring many people and sometimes there's just myself and wife. Chris at 813-695-6754

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added a 370 pound bag, getting better but its a lot of weight. Wave seems best when all the ballast i=s full plus another 500 pounds of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cdifranco    457
Posted (edited)

@h20king Is prob the most knowledgable guy I have spoke to here on the 238. Search some of his posts.   In my opinion you should have enough weight with that setup.

Edited by Cdifranco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.