InfinitySurf

InfinityWave surf tabs...Review with video/pics

InfinitySurf    302

I gotta say, I am STOKED about how good these InfinityWave surf tabs performed and how good they look on the boat! The first lake test yesterday went flawless and I could not be happier with my decision to pull the trigger on these! 

Easy to dial (took less than 3mins adjusting the tabs to find perfect surf wave). Takes very little deployment angle. Using the same ballast setup I was using before when running the Nauticurl suck gate. The rpm's dropped over 200rpm compared to using the suck gate and speed was 11mph instead of 10.8! With center tab at 40% (see below FB video), rpm's are running at 3150. Taking the center tab to 0% to make the surf wave the biggest possible, rpm was 3400. With the Nauticurl and speed at 10.8, rpm's were running 3400-3450 at 40% and 3650+ when taking trim tab to 0%.

Soon, I will be posting a much more detailed review and writeup on the InfinityWave tabs. In meantime, Here is a link to the Centurion/Supreme Facebook page that one of my buddies on the boat took and posted to show 2) video's riding the wave and some pictures! WHOOP :wub:.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1882458648689246/

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.penrod/videos/pcb.2300131463588627/10218483108049606/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.penrod/videos/pcb.2300131463588627/10218483108249611/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Few pics on what the InfinityWave surf tabs look like on the boat

InfinityWave tabs. Full view. 04.17.k19.jpg

InfinityWave tabs. Left side view. 04.17.k19.jpg

InfinityWave tabs. Right side view. 04.17.k19.jpg

InfinityWave tabs. Close up view. 04.17.k19.jpg

InfinitySurf    302

Couple pics surfing the wave yesterday evening....more pics and details to come as soon as I have time to put it all together. Also gonna get pics/video of only the wave next time to show the shape/form. If you are on the fence about getting these surf tabs from InfinityWave @Shaka, its a no brainer at the price they are selling them for. Results could not be better in my opinion and I have high expectations when it comes to anything on my boat!

Honestly, I was nervous about this initially since I knew the factory QS tabs where not too great on the 2015/2016 SV models. The shape of these tabs along with the fins under them to "direct" the water coming off bottom of the boat toward the wave to give you maximm push....works perfect and it seems that the lack of fins properly directing the water flow toward the surf wave was the flaw in the factory tabs. A deep-V hull is directing the water out, not at the wave and my best guess is that was why the factory tabs did not deliver results that owners were expecting and why many of the SV owners with the factory tabs list boat instead of using the tabs. These InfinityWave surf tabs certainly addressed tho issues.

InfinityWave test run. Pic 1. 04.17.k19.jpg

InfinityWave test run. Pic 2. 04.17.k19.jpg

• Like 2

Jake707    171

no FB for me so cant see the videos but looks good. My only concern would be someone jumping off the side of the swim deck. Looks like those fins go quite a bit out from the edge of the swim platform?

Also you use these tabs instead of a suckgate on the side? Or in addition? I have no idea how these work haha

InfinitySurf    302
Just now, Jake707 said:

no FB for me so cant see the videos but looks good. My only concern would be someone jumping off the side of the swim deck. Looks like those fins go quite a bit out from the edge of the swim platform?

Also you use these tabs instead of a suckgate on the side? Or in addition? I have no idea how these work haha

I WAS using a Nauticurl suck gate.....these surf tabs replaced the suck gate, so the Nauticurl will now be sold since I have no need for it any longer. Yay!! Surf tabs are much more convenient, have more uses that just for surfing (clean up wave for wakeboarding, jump on plane quickly if you have ballast loaded and wanna go to another cove, etc), lower the rpm's while surfing which is easier on my engine long term as well as lower fuel usage (since a suck gate creates a lot of side drag). They also look great and add value to my boat so when the time comes to sell, I am sure that my boat will be in high demand since it will be a turnkey system ready to go. I will say tho that I have zero intention of selling since adding these surf tabs literally gave me every option that the newest boats have. It may have been my only excuse before to upgrade and blow a serious amount of money....so it also allowed me to easily convince the wife to spend $2k on these tabs, compared to selling the boat and then having to stack another $50k on top of that to get a boat that is 5yrs newer. No way I would have done that anyway cause I have been perfectly happy with my ride and I don't make enough money to spend it like that. Now tho, I literally couldnt come up with an excuse if I wanted too. Frankly, I have been considering adding GSA for the last 2 years but could not bring myself to spend $4k for them....not to mention I have heard mixed reviews on how effective GSA is on the deep V boats. But to spend only $2k....and on tabs that were designed SPECIFICALLY for the Deep-V hull, I was all in on making that happen!

You are right, the tabs do stick out the sides of the platform some as the pics show, however its worth mentioning that this will not be the case for everyone since my boat has a smaller swim platform called the "surf sized" platform so it does not interfere with or cut into the surf wave. I will just make sure kids on my boat are aware of the tabs and keep my eye on them when swimming or jumping off the back to be sure they jump out, rather than to the side. All these boats have some potential for danger tho and I already have the center trim tab and FAE sticking out, luckily never had any issues there

I don't think mine is much different than the new boats with the trim tabs and we get onto the platform from the rear anyway when getting out of the water. Have you seen the GSA surf tabs? Those are quite long and all my friends that have GSA have those tabs sticking out past the end of the swim platform, these come off the side some since my swim platform is not as wide as some, but do not stick out past the back at all and to me, its more likely to be an issue if they extended past the end of the platform rather than sides. I don't personally know anyone that has been injured, tho I am sure it happens occasionally.

• Like 1

Nick213    583

Everything looks great and glad your happy with it @InfinitySurf!!!

i gotta say your post has me tempted but since I’d have to fill all my ballast and not have any other storage, I’ll stick with listing my boat.... for now.

• Like 1

beau t    8

when swimming or loading in the boat could he not put the tabs down to get them out of the way of people climbing back into the boat?

Jake707    171

Right on Surf. Sounds like a good deal. Not sure how these compare to the GSA, both are the same concepts right, but 2k vs 4k sounds a lot better for sure haha

Shaka    146

It's great that  you are happy with your tabs. I worked hard on the design with a lot of prototypes. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Finally got the time to sit down and do a more detailed write up. Myself and a friend installed the SV version of these InfinityWave surf tabs on my 2014 Centurion SV244, we installed the tabs one evening and then I ran and finished the wiring a couple nights later on 04/13.

Since the weather was crappy that weekend, my first LAKE TEST was on the evening of 04/17/2019. I can honestly say that my expectations were exceeded and after only 2-3mins, I had found the right deployment angle to make an excellent surf wave on the regular side. We only had a couple hours and myself and 2 buddies spent it surfing. I totally forgot to see what goofy wave looked like or get any pics or video without a surfer on the wave. I will do that next time out and post up more information.

Initial  reaction when getting the InfinityWave tab system….they look and feel very well made, its a beefy system and the finish is very nice. I love the fins on the bottom of the tabs since one thing that concerned me putting tabs on an SV244, is I knew that the factory Quicksurf tabs that were installed on the 2015/2016 models where not up to par and most owners I talked to or heard about preferred to still list the boat for the surf wave since they did not feel like the wave using the tabs had enough push/power. I believe with a deep V boat, the hull wants to direct the water outwards, not back toward the surf wave, so without the fins on the bottom of the tab which help direct the water coming off the bottom of the hull toward the surf wave, you don’t get surf wave that feels like it has power.

I have Ramfill on my boat and since its important for the tabs to be up as far as possible under swim platform when retracted, the best position I found puts the actuator bracket mount behind the Ramfill tanks….so rather than run the actuator wire thru the hole in the bracket, I drilled/chamfered a hole for the wire approx. 3.5” toward the center of the boat & 3.5” higher than the bracket position so I could avoid the Ramfill tanks and get access to the wire. Actuator wire is 5/16” diameter, so I drilled a 3/8” hole (starting with smaller bit and running in reverse till well thru gelcoat), after the 3/8” hole was drilled I then got another drill bit slightly larger and ran it in reverse to chamfer the hole so I could avoid spider cracking and remove sharp edges due to wire running thru that (most people will not run into this and can run the wire thru the extra hole in the actuator bracket). Then I ran the wires thru hull and sealed the holes on both inside/outside of the hull. I then ran and zip tied all the electrical up to the bottom of the top deck along the outer perimeter and ran everything up to the drivers helm carefully concealing the wires and securing them with zip ties. For now, I am just fabricating a temp bracket to mount the switches below the steering wheel for easy access.

My Ballast setup on this boat: Ramfill = 1,250 each side for total of 2500lbs. PnP bags in each rear locker at 700lbs each for total of 1400lbs. PnP bag under bow seats is 500lbs. Then I also have 500lbs of lead bags, I place 300lbs under the bow filler cushion and the other 200 lbs to the left of drivers feet on the floor against the built-in cooler. I fill the Ramfill tanks to 100% on both sides and then I DRAIN off the non-surf side Ramfill to 80% to give a slight list to boat. So basically 1250 Ramfill on surf side and 1000 Ramfill on non-surf side which gives a total of 4,650lbs of ballast.

In video’s I posted links too above were taken on 04/17, total of 3 guys on boat including the surfer. Speed is 11mph and center trim tab is at 40%. PCM ZR409 engine at 800ft elevation and my rpm was at 3,150. Previously I ran the same ballast set up but used Nauticurl suck gate and with all things the same, my rpm was at 3,400, so using these InfinityWave surf tabs brought the rpm’s down for sure. Love that since its easier on the engine and I will save a little gas money to boot.

Extremely happy with my purchase and wanted to post my experience since I know others are looking at these tabs and probably have similar initial hesitation like I did since these tabs are fairly new to market. Combine the performance of these tabs which I can now experience behind my boat with the great price and customer service and you have a winner!

• Like 2

InfinitySurf    302

I was able to fabricate and install a bracket this weekend to hold my control switches for the InfinityWave surf tab system. I wanted to do it in a way that was not permanent, yet looked good and was functional. After laying on my back for an hour staring at the space behind my drivers helm, I finally settled on an idea.

I bought a 12"x24" piece of black diamond plate from Lowes thinking it would look good and also be easy to fabricate something since its a softer metal. Once I figured out how I was going to do my install, I cut out a 4" wide X 12" long piece and then traced out the area I wanted to install the switches, then used a dremel cutting bit to cut out the square. Then I fiddled with the placement and bent it into an "L". After some thought, I realized to make the bracket stable enough to push/hold down the switches, I would need a 2nd point to hold the diamond plate bracket in place and found a piece of L channel laying in the garage, cut it too length I needed and then notched the metal so I could bend it like I needed.

Both places behind the drivers helm that I secured too are part of the fiberglass and hidden so if I ever change the switches or decide to move them, I can remove the panel and not leave ugly holes/damage.

1st 2 pics are the front and back of the diamond plate bracket I "designed".

3rd pic is what it looked like behind the drivers helm before I did anything.

4th pic is my holding the bracket into place to test fit before I drilled any holes.

Pics 5 & 6, show how I mounted the switch panel. I first drilled a hole in the fiberglass in the area to right side of driver (to hold the side with 90 degree bend in it first) and using the center hole I had drilled in the diamond plate, then thru-bolted using a lock nut and stainless hardware so it would secure well and have no rattles. I had drilled 3 holes in my bracket for that side initially, but after drilling/installing the center bolt, it was plenty secure enough to not have to drill any more. 

Then I drilled one hole in the fiberglass near steering wheel to hold the additional L bracket that I added/modified to keep the switch panel bracket securely in place without any movement when I am pushing buttons or boat is moving around on the lake. I used a 3/4" stainless screw for that spot since I could not access behind it to install a bolt and hold it while lock nut was tightened down.

fabbed switch panel. Front view.jpg

fabbed switch panel. Rear view.jpg

BEFORE. Pic behind helm.jpg

BEFORE. Temp placement of bracket.jpg

Switch bracket. Rear view 1.jpg

Switch bracket. Rear view 2.jpg

Edited by InfinitySurf
  • Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

These pics show the finished install from drivers view. Its just below the touch screen and even tho its set back a couple inches, its still easy to reach and adjust the tabs. (Initially I did not want any exposed bolts like the one you see just to the left of the switches, but realized it was needed to hold it in place due to the way I fabricated this and didn't have time to either buy a black colored bolt to match or paint this one....which probably would peel anyway, so I am gonna call it good and leave as-is for now).

After I was done, I realized that I should probably slightly round off the bottom left corner of the diamond plate bracket so I don't accidentally bang my leg against that 90 degree corner and cut myself. Overall tho, its out of the way from where legs would normally be and should not interfere at all.

When I ran all my wiring from the transom to the helm, I left some extra wire so if I even want to move the placement, I can do that. (I used 14/2 AWG wire for the runs from actuator wires at transom up to the hull and was able to neatly hide and zip tie up all the wires securely. Pretty happy with how it all turned out.

Switch Bracket. Close up 2.jpg

Switch Bracket. Close up 1.jpg

Switch Bracket. Helm left side view.jpg

Switch Bracket. Drivers helm view.jpg

Edited by InfinitySurf
  • Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

I figured out how to post videos to youtube so people without FB can see them.

Links below, hopefully they will imbed

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

I'm digging it. My thought on my 2014 SV (no Ramfill) is to fill all 4 bags and only fill the surf side Quickfill. I"m not looking for quick transfers but a reasonable time to switch from regular to goofy. Thoughts on this? Excellent write up @InfinitySurf

@Nick213, doing this above... I would loose all storage  except for the bow and observer's seat.

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302
9 hours ago, RhuntIII said:

I'm digging it. My thought on my 2014 SV (no Ramfill) is to fill all 4 bags and only fill the surf side Quickfill. I"m not looking for quick transfers but a reasonable time to switch from regular to goofy. Thoughts on this? Excellent write up @InfinitySurf

@Nick213, doing this above... I would loose all storage  except for the bow and observer's seat.

I think that would work quite well and switching sides would not take long at all. If I remember right, Quickfill is about 500lbs per side.

Next time I get out, I plan to try running ballast fully level without any list to see how the wave compares. My guess is that it will also be quite good if not as good, since my buddy with GSA runs level. If that is the case, you would not need to stop at all for transfers. Since one of the reasons I wanted this Infinity Wave tab system is so I can work on surf transfers, running level and the wave being as good would be perfect.

On the initial lake test, I ran the same set up as I was running with my Nauticurl suck gate since I wanted to compare the surf wave. Part of the reason I had some list with the Nauticurl was to bring the gate up a bit since there is only one good place on the hull to stick it where the gate is fairly level with water (below the 1st step down on the side of hull), like surf gate systems, if you bury the gate too far in the water the wave is not as clean or powerful. If gate is out of water too much, then you are getting a rooster tail of water and it tend to come in the side vents at transom. We just did not have enough time out to test everything I wanted to last Weds. I also want to see how the goofy side wave looks tho I am sure it will be great since at least on my boat, goofy side is a little bigger/better due to prop spin.

I will be sure to get more pics and info next time out and post up that info as well. On storage, I am in a little better shape I guess. Since I also run the bow bag under bow seats and put lead under the bow filler cushion I lose the bow (when kids are not out, that is where I put the docking fenders and extra boards/bags)...but with Ramfill instead of Quickfill, I have the 2 areas under side seats since I don't have PnP bags there and those lockers are not very deep cause of the Ramfill tanks, but that works well for life jackets, anchor, ropes, etc...and course I have the area under observers seat as well. Doesn't really bother me tho since I trailer and only take what I need for that day.

• Like 1

Shaka    146

Great hack fort he switch which helps keep the boat stock. I put mine on the armrest by the throttle. 

I could weight evenly in my SV230 for most riders. However, my favorite was to have slightly less weight on the non-surf side. I could still do transfers that way although the wave wasn't as optimal on the side with less weight.

• Like 1

Troy    234

Awesome write up. Looks great.  Only thing i would suggest is to round the corner of the black diamond plate. The square corner could hurt.  

But when I reread your write up you already know that.  Great job!

• Like 1

Hein    63

Nice work.  I told the folks who bought our Enzo to contact you.

All the best, Hein

InfinitySurf    302
11 hours ago, Hein said:

Nice work.  I told the folks who bought our Enzo to contact you.

All the best, Hein

Sounds good, loving the tabs.

Cograts on your new boat, it looks badass!