jeepin29    0

Hey everyone,

My family currently has a 2005 Enzo SV230, but we just placed an order for a '19 Fi23 this past weekend!

After doing some reading around here, we decided to skip the downfire system and add some Wetsounds speakers. We are only going with a pair of speakers and will be using clamp mounts to get them out of the walking path (me and many of my family members are 6'3" +). Our dealer is suggesting that a pair of Rev 8's would be plenty, but I'm leaning towards a pair of Rev 10's.

We normally have audio running when we're surfing or cruising, but not for tubing, wakeboarding, etc. mainly because our current setup can't reach back that far without deafening everyone in the boat. Would a pair of Rev 10's be overkill?

Edited by jeepin29

Jake707    171

10s are a much better sound vs the 8s if price difference is not the concern get the 10s you can always turn it down but the more balanced sound, mid bass vs highs, is better sounding all around over the 8s all day.

• Like 1

Wylie_Tunes    146

For surfing and party cove, id entertain the Icon-8 before the rev-8 just for the sound quality. Now, if you want max volume and have to go with an 8", then the Rav-8 is it. If hand height and bimini clearance are not an issue, then consider the Rev-10" For only a small price difference, the 10 can play louder and will yield deeper mid-bass.  

Nick213    583

Rev10’s and never have the feeling “I wish I woulda”.

h20king    794

Do the rev 10's we had a fi23 last year and did a set of 10's and it was $$.with the 23 the factory mounts are ok because of how far back the tower sets. I just installed a set on our fi25  and someone is going to hit them for sure  LOL 

We just ordered an FI 21 and also skipped the audio options.  We only surf, and will only have the boat for the season or shorter if it gets sold.  I will prob put Icon 8's up there.  What size sub comes stock? Looks like prob a 12"?  Do you have to cut the hole if you order w no sub? Is the space behind the sub wide open or enclosed? If enclosed any idea of the volume inside? Thanks all!!!

Shaka    146
2 hours ago, Mgoncalves914 said:

We just ordered an FI 21 and also skipped the audio options.  We only surf, and will only have the boat for the season or shorter if it gets sold.  I will prob put Icon 8's up there.  What size sub comes stock? Looks like prob a 12"?  Do you have to cut the hole if you order w no sub? Is the space behind the sub wide open or enclosed? If enclosed any idea of the volume inside? Thanks all!!!

If you do the stereo options you get a Roswell 12" sub. If all you get are in-boats there is no sub. If you put a sub in you will have to have a hole cut for it. Sometimes they glass in a sealed enclosure to the back of the kick panel and sometimes they do not. There's no way to ensure that they do. I just got the in-boat speakers and mine has the glassed in sub enclosure. I still have to cut the kick panel hole for the sub.

• Like 1