Aquaholic1

Selling 17’ s238... so, Fi21 vs Ri217 vs Zs212

Aquaholic1    3

Hey guys so I’ve come into some medical issues and will be down and out for 12-15 months. Because of that I’m going to be selling my 17’ S238 I purchased in June of 2018 and has 84 hours on it with just over  4000 lbs of ballast. With that said around boat show season next year I’m either going to order a 20’ or maybe find a great  deal on a 19’. We usually only have 5 people so looking to downsize which is why I’m asking on the 21-22 footers. We only surf and don’t really care about all the bells and whistles, but wouldn’t mind a few more than the supreme side offers. I really like the zs but hate the little screen and would like the rear sliding seat. Any input would be great as I’ll be doing a lot of research over the next year give or take. Thanks!

Aquaholic1    3

And so far I’m leaning towards the Fi. Would going down to a smaller boat really affect the surf wave that much? I mean I had to put a lot of weight in the 238 to get a great wave. I understand that a bigger hull will need more weight, but the 23’-24’ boats seem to be the number one choice for surfing.....

euro2012    6

The Fi21 doesn’t have the rear sliding seat, if that is something you are after.

• Sad 1

Aquaholic1    3

Oh ok I didn’t know that. I thought it was an option.... well thanks!

euro2012    6

I believe the ri217 does have it as an option, but the fi21 does not.  If you want it in an fi you need to go up to the 23 or 25.

• Thanks 1

The hull would do it for me... the FI is the only one with Opti-V.  Although the ZS is incredibly cool and the RI is just beautiful.   I'd split the middle on the price and get the FI.

• Like 1