Sign in to follow this  
Austin95

2009 centurion falcon ballasts

Austin95    1

Picking up a 2009 centurion Falcon V Air Warrior. I am already looking to add some ballasts to it for wakeboarding and surfing. I like the idea of the wake shapers. The reviews and videos have impressed me along with just having to weight the boat equally. With that being said I think I would be happy with 2 1100lb sacs in the rear lockers. My main question is what is the easiest way to fill those without having to throw pumps overboard and hoses going everywhere. Can you intergrate the factory ballasts with the sacs im looking to add? For example, turn on to fill port side factory ballast and it fill my port side bag as well? 

h20king    794

It will take some modification if you don't have bags yet. You have a jabsco reversible pump but it is only wired to fill. Best bet is guy the factory system and start over. There are a few falcon ballast builds in the DIY section 

h20king    794

It will take some modification if you don't have bags yet. You have a jabsco reversible pump but it is only wired to fill. Best bet is guy the factory system and start over. There are a few falcon ballast builds in the DIY section 

1jeffgignac    7

@Austin95, hope you have gotten everything dialed in. I have an 09 Elite V C4 and it is really hard for me to picture getting more than a 400-500 lb fat sac in the rear locker of my V-drive. Have you had any luck?

Currently running 300 in the bow, 260 in each back locker, 210 in the built-in center locker, 800 in the floor of the main cabin. Using a DIY wave shaper and it gets the wave looking pretty good. I usually run 150-200 lbs more on the surf side.

Austin95    1

@1jeffgignac hey! I actually misspoke. My boat is a 2009 elite C4. Same as yours. I plumbed in 2 750s in the rear lockers. They fit perfectly! I used the factory pump that fills the center tank, I put a “cross” and ball valves on each line. I can fill everything in about 12-15min or so. Not super great but a super cheap way to not have to mess with throw over pumps. 

• Like 1

1jeffgignac    7
8 hours ago, Austin95 said:

@1jeffgignac hey! I actually misspoke. My boat is a 2009 elite C4. Same as yours. I plumbed in 2 750s in the rear lockers. They fit perfectly! I used the factory pump that fills the center tank, I put a “cross” and ball valves on each line. I can fill everything in about 12-15min or so. Not super great but a super cheap way to not have to mess with throw over pumps. 

@Austin95, lets see some pics of the wave! Good to hear and that confirms the experiment I have tried since last posting. I took the 750# bag that was in my main cabin floor (that I thought would never fit in a rear locker) and put it in one locker and it was cozy but it did fit all the way. I am ordering a second one this week so I can swap out both 250# bags for 750 bags in each locker. I will take those 250's and use them in the cabin or surf side weight if my crew is light.

I think that extra 750's, some more lead strategically disbursed, plus a wave shaper and we will have the formula for the Elite V C4 until I go overboard and put a surf tab system in place.