Sign in to follow this  
BHamm

Looking at 2009 SV230 Enzo

BHamm    5

Hello everyone.  We are looking at upgrading from our 2005 Moomba Outback to something a bit newer and better set up for surfing.

There is a 2009 Enzo SV230 near us, that looks interesting.  It seems like this would be a great next boat for us.

Question on the ballasts, the add says it has 3,500 lbs plumbed in.  Is that the factory system, or does that sound like more ballast than stock?

Anything i should be looking at specifically when going to see the boat?

Thanks!

Troy    234

I think that is a bit more than factory but not much. To get a great surf wave you will most likely need more. I list mine and run like 2k on the surf side. 

Tell us more about the boat and how you surf. 

Hopefully, welcome to the crew!

Troy    234

So looking at that boat. 

The 6.2, sweet.

Has the Evo Tower, those are short and the front legs can get water in them, freeze and crack. Check the front legs.

Has an adjustable wake plate but it doesn't look factory. Check out the wiring and make sure it works.

It has a heater. If not winterized properly they crack easily. Test to make sure it works and doesn't leak.

that boat will produce a world class wave. It will need more ballast with custom bags but at least it has the pumps in there already to make it easier on you. 

I have mine all hidden and plumbed in. except if i have a small crew then I have another pipe plumbed in but the sac sits on the seat. 

BHamm    5

Thanks Troy, that is great info.

There seems to be some sort of control on the right side of the dash.  Maybe that controls the plate.  Will know more when we go to look at it.

The dealer said it has standard rotation of the prop with goofy side being a bit better for surfing.   Does that seem correct?

Again, thanks for your time.

Troy    234

That means it has "right" hand rotation. Yes makes the goofy side better with out the need for the a-plate if you only surf the goofy side.  If you surf regular you will need an a-plate for that side.  I wish I had the "right" hand rotation because we are all goofy riders.  But with my a-plate I say my wave is very good. 

BHamm    5

Hmm..so we are all not goofy.  i guess we should look at an a-plate then?

Troy    234

Here is my a-plate so my wave is cleaned up on the right side.  you will have to make one opposite if you want your regular side as good as your goofy. 

Here is by Ballast set up with the extra pipe plumbed in to fill a sac on the seat if the crew is small. 

Edited by Troy

InfinitySurf    302

@BHamm I also heard that InfinityWave.net  is producing/selling A-plates and double wing plates for the Centurions as well as the surf tab systems. You should check them out.

Don't think the wing plates are on the website yet but you can get more info by calling them or @Shaka could give you more info on the plates they are making for your boat.

https://www.infinitywave.net/?fbclid=IwAR2d7R94nv6maobCykyfexcqEkPhA7qYIH--CA42kd_Af51Iuvm-S4XNjro

• Like 1

Packrat    13

Will you  be able to do a lake test on the boat before purchase? The reason I say this is you might want  to be able to determine if you are ok with how loud the exhaust is. There are several threads on baffles or options to reduce the sound. On the other hand you might like it just the way it is. The boat you are looking at is really well appointed. 

Edited by Packrat
Edit

sallen    3

I have owned an 07 Enzo 230 and a 14 Enzo 230.  Enzo sacs on each side will be produce a really good wave. We stuck with that and were fine but you might want to consider a little lead in the back as well. Bow weight is generally unnecessary for surfing an Enzo. My 07 had the Sideswipe exhaust and I hated it. It was way too loud. If we had kept it any longer I would have definitely looked into the baffle options mentioned above.  Overall, looks like a great boat though!  Hope it works out for you!

BHamm    5

Won't be able to test ride this one.  I think we are ok with the sound though...but time will tell.

I am just not sure if we should wait for something else because of the prop rotation.

Packrat    13

If you are regular riders then yes you might consider waiting. I don't have any experience with riding right hand rotation but I'm sure there are several on here that do. You might also check past threads on wakeworld regarding reverse rotation. There was one poster named Duffy who talked a lot about reverse rotation as I recall. Where is the price on the boat your are looking at compared to NADA? Also have you checked boattrader and onlyinboards for possible boats. Even though a boat might not be in your location it can be shipped for anywhere from $1.50 to $2.00 a mile or you can go on a roadtrip. You can save a lot of money that way sometimes. Be careful though if you are financing that they don't require a marine Survey although having  a mechanic check it out is good. Check the tires out too the date stamp for the tires is located after the DOT number. 

Edited by Packrat
Edit

InfinitySurf    302

Check out this thread by @Hein. He has an 08 SV230 with sideswipe. He did some mods to his boat and can get you some baffles. I have not been on one with sideswipe but have heard they are very loud too. Great boat tho.

InfinitySurf    302

If you are not test riding the boat, are you having a mechanic check things out to be sure its all good and you don't end up with unexpected issues? I would not buy a used boat without a thorough lake test, crawling thru every part of the boat and at the very least checking all the compression on the cylinders.

I know you are in Canada and not sure the process involved in taking a boat across the border or the fees/taxes that would be involved. I have seen some threads that seemed to indicate that as long as you have all your paperwork in order, it was not too bad crossing the border. I saw that BoardCo in Utah has a 2010 SV240 in great shape listed for $57k along with a few others. May be worth checking out.

May not be worth the cost to you to change, but I believe you can buy a new right hand transmission for that boat. I am not at all sure of the exact process, but think you would just need to change that and the prop, but would likely set you back a few grand installed. My boat is left hand and the regular wave is a little better than goofy, but not such a big difference IMO. When I have goofy riders, I weight that side harder than I do for the regular side and list a bit more (I use Nauticurl suckgate right now so weigh mostly level for surf wave, but still slightly list the boat and bias surf side a few hundred lbs, since it seems to increase the push) Course if I was a full time goofy side surfer I may have a different opinion. I know the RH rotations from factory are more scarce and harder to find.

In the lower 48....Great Lakes Skipper, Bakes Marine & SKIDIM (Discount Inboard Marine) are all places you could check.

BHamm    5

Thanks Infinity. 

I am actually in Canada.  So to buy that 2010 you mention would cost me 75,000.  If you were to buy the boat I posted above, it would cost you 37,000 USD.

The boat is at a dealer, and that have fully serviced it.  I will see what if I can work something out with them as far as a limited warranty tell we can ride it.

Shaka    146

I think switching transmission to fix a goofy wave (or vice versa) is a waste of money. If you're a lister an A-plate will fix the problem.

Yes Infinity Wave will fab up an A-plate or a double wing plate. We have yet to put them on our website because it's really a custom job and we don't a lot of them. If you want one please feel free to contact me.

• Like 1

Shaka    146

I forgot, I did the baffles in my Sideswipe and it made a significant difference. 

BHamm    5

Thanks Shaka...I am very tempted to buy this one despite the rotation.

I will probably contact them for a plate.  Upgrade the ballasts a bit.

Are you changing props at all?

Will see how loud it is, and if we don't like it will look at doing something with that.

Edited by BHamm
added comments

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..