InfinitySurf

4" Seat Risers PICS (for RI/FI & SV233/SV244 with Springfield Seat Mounts)

InfinitySurf    302

I recently purchased a 4" seat riser from WakeBallast.com. Customer Service was impressive and delivery was very fast! (Just an FYI....they have a 15% discount code for Centurion guys, the code is "centurion-crew").

Listed price on the website is $269 with free shipping (then deduct the 15% discount). Obviously I am not affiliated with them, just impressed with everything about this seat riser and think this is gonna make an already enjoyable experience even better. I like to be aware at all times on the lake cause so many people out there that are not paying attention and have almost been run into several times over the years, so I always use my bolster so that I am looking over the windshield. Its not bad, but sitting on the bolster is not as comfortable as using the actual seat and I also thot this would make my wife happier. Considering she is willing to drive for me when we go out so I get to surf, making her happy and keeping her comfortable is a priority!

Not only does the 4" seat riser raise the drivers seat to the perfect level for me without using the bolster...but a nice side perk I discovered today after installing it, is if I want to stand while driving, I can raise the bolster and while standing, comfortably lean back against the seat/bolster without the seat hitting me in the back of the knees and making it uncomfortable to stand for a while. I am attaching pics below of parts of my install as well as the finished product. The website says these 4" seat risers work for all the RI/FI models as well as 2013-2015 SV233/SV244 models with the Springfield Seat Mounts (My boat is a 2014 SV244 and has the Springfield seat mount). They also said on the FB page that this riser will fit the Supreme 238....but verify that as the website has a typo. Added bonus, this seat riser doubles as a strongbox. The front panel is keyed so you can put valuables in there and lock them up.

FYI...these sell out FAST! They just got new stock in 5 days ago and have already sold 13. The website shows that there is only 1 left right now but if it shows them out of stock, Shane said to call them since sometimes they have them in stock and the website does not show it correctly.

2 things I personally did at the install. The 1st, I needed to do to complete the install....and the other was just my OCD kicking in.

*I don't know if the hole pattern is slightly different on my boat compared to the new RI/FI boats, or if they are all slightly different due to these boats being handmade, but the 4 hole pre-drilled pattern at the bottom of the seat riser was a little bit off compared to the factory bolt holes, off roughly an 1/8th inch front to back....and then side to side. I just drilled the existing 4 holes at bottom of seat riser to a slightly larger diameter of 1/2" each (they came pre-driled at roughly 3/8" dia). Took me 15mins and once bolted down to the factory base, the riser was perfectly stable with zero movement.
I also added a very thin piece of rubber backing between the top of the actual Seat platform that is part of the boat and the bottom of the seat riser where bolts go in.....and also at the top of the seat riser and the bottom of the metal seat base that is part of the Springfield seat mount. Not necessary, but figured it keeps the metal on the seat riser from rubbing directly on either one of them and keep it looking perfect that much longer, also figured that rubber helps to hold it down tight without any squeaks or rubs down the road. (To clarify, I added 2 - 3" wide strips at bottom/top of the seat riser).
*I Included 1 picture showing the added strips of rubber, its the 6th picture attached below and you can see the grey colored strips adhered to the bottom of the metal seat base laying on the floor of boat (7th picture is close up showing the slight spacing that the padding adds between the top of the seat base and the bottom of the metal seat base). The rubber padding is only about 1/16" thick, adhesive on 1 side and a rubber "grid" pattern on the other. (Its actually sold to put on the floor of house in areas where you have a small rug and don't want it too move, sticks to the floor and the rubber helps to keep the rug in place). Something I had laying around and thot it would be useful for this install.

Attaching link below as well as the pictures I took today as I installed this.

https://www.wakeballast.com/centurion-boat-for-ri-and-fi-model-4-inches-seat-glove-box-riser-lift-free-shipping/

Seat riser 2. Side view.jpg

Seat riser 1. Front view.jpg

Seat riser w seat mounted 2. Lockbox closed.jpg

Seat riser w seat mounted 1. Lockbox open.jpg

Seat riser 3. Full cockpit view.jpg

Side view. Mounted riser and seat base.jpg

Mounted Seat Riser. Metal base shows added pad.jpg

Seat riser w seat mounted 3.jpg

Seat riser w seat mounted 4. Full cockpit.jpg

Mounted seat riser showing the 4 bolts to base.jpg

Edited by InfinitySurf
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

h20king    794

Awesome product put one on our fi23 and have one to install on our new fi25

DrNate    426

I like the locking part of the box.  No wasted space!

Mrwick    65

Great project Infinity!

InfinitySurf    302

Thanks guys. Really love how this seat riser changed things, so worth it to me.

Gonna be replacing the worn out carpet bunk covers on my trailer with Gatorbak soon (like Troy did). Carpet just does not last very long and the carpet fibers hold so much sand/debris that with a black hull its scratching things up down there. Also hoping I will be able to order the InfinityWave surf tabs this week or next so I can have the boat ready to go surfing soon, weather is finally turning here in NC. I had a long list of projects to get done over the winter and have checked most of the boxes now. I will take pics/video and document the installs for the bunk covers and the InfinityWave surf tabs.

• Like 1

Pontoondog    1

That looks really sharp,!     I love the lock box part... do you happen to know the full dimensions.. L x W ?  I know it’s 4” in height 

InfinitySurf    302
47 minutes ago, Pontoondog said:

That looks really sharp,!     I love the lock box part... do you happen to know the full dimensions.. L x W ?  I know it’s 4” in height 

I just measured it for you... its exactly 10" wide X 10 5/8" long (you may wanna verify with them since some of the pics show the size being more rectangular). I told them I had an SV244 with the Springfield seat mount and they knew what I needed....not sure if its same size as the RI/FI boats? Their customer service is excellent tho and anytime I sent them an email I got a fairly quick response tho I imagine everything will be a little slower with what is going on currently. But I will put link below to their website. Don't forget they have a 15% discount code on their products for us Centurion guys, the code is: centurion-crew

https://wakeballast.com/collections/wake-surfing-accessories/products/centurion-boat-for-ri-and-fi-model-4-inches-seat-glove-box-riser-lift-free-shipping-1

This is really cool....they also now have Gatorstep decking pre-made in different colors that goes on all 4 sides of the seat riser so you can match existing decking in your boat. These guys have some great products!

https://wakeballast.com/collections/wake-surfing-accessories/products/gatorstep-for-centurion-seat-riser

Edited by InfinitySurf

Brandon    0

I just installed this on my 2016 RI217. On my old Sea Ray I had to ride on my knee sort of half standing up for tears, i swore to not have to do that on my next boat. Now even with the bolster down I am looking out over the windshield. I am pretty happy with the results and have a handy place to slide my cell phone while driving.

6.JPG.4d2b25fef79dba29af5e02b28f520057.JPG

2.JPG.f6bd16ef6af22eb2e74f3587fc706d4e.JPG

5.JPG.6a87a8657b189a51195a658d32a7fa3f.JPG

7.JPG.b37224ed28e1d5aee894827e34353afd.JPG

3.JPG

Edited by Brandon

Pontoondog    1

Hey infinitysurf thanks for the  measurements much appreciated... looks real nice we have decided to go another rout.. really wanted a slide and swivel base.. found one made by garlec and with the new mount and the box it would be to high for our likening.. I will post up a wight up in another thread soon probably in my old ballast thread... thanks again 

• Like 1

volzalum    280

I just ordered this (with the discount) for my 2015 FS44 with Springfield Seat mount. 

volzalum    280

Here is the install for the riser on my 2015 FS44. Note that 2 bolts did not line up so I had to slot them slightly to fit (the Springfield mount is an X on slots so not surprising). Also note I have the heated seat so I had to drill holes for the electric cable to go through the glovebox. This also required removing the connector and reinstalling it after putting through. The pictures are before, and in order of installation. The seat slides and rotates just like before  

5F64909B-7717-46F8-B0C4-575EBFB750B0.jpeg

C1723DE5-2673-4C14-AF12-E51FE0CAC7BD.jpeg

4050E499-DD5A-45C7-A700-CB940DF0115D.jpeg

4026D63D-9755-4373-B7DE-2E1C8DAF837B.jpeg

DA83AD0D-FFB6-4AB4-A84F-114401730A3D.jpeg

FA23D20D-11B7-4E3A-9D8D-A438FA9929BB.jpeg

C8CE346B-7751-45EE-BACC-75242D96D10B.jpeg

3948AE79-8F12-4312-AA5C-80271271C631.jpeg

14E0AA88-2F08-4260-BCC8-4F4523C5F656.jpeg

0A9C2200-1794-4F89-BC4E-1BDE689F71B3.jpeg

volzalum    280

Final installation pictures. About the only gripe I have is that the logo is a decal rather than engraved into the Aluminum like all of the factory hardware. 

394F6133-4301-46DB-B039-0781009EAB42.jpeg

B942F946-70B8-41AF-BD27-C3EC327F1483.jpeg

D6ECCD78-D409-46ED-8ABA-760683DB8D53.jpeg

302358A8-68C0-4357-ACFB-4C9305F7C739.jpeg

55570C1F-8FA4-463C-9877-9DA3B064517B.jpeg

E8EAFEA4-9621-40C6-90CA-9A50C2F2EAF6.jpeg

320A165A-2E84-4C41-AC00-222402C67F0E.jpeg