Sign in to follow this  
InfinitySurf

Metal Polish by California Custom...Diamond Plate pics before/after

InfinitySurf    302

I bought the above 2 bottles from Amazon for $30 on Feb 12th and got them a day or 2 later.
Not had much success over the years finding a good metal polish, so thought I would post results/pics of some stuff I found recently that worked great for me. Got it initially to clean up the diamond plate step pads on my 2014 Boatmate trailer after seeing another review from someone who did something similar. Good stuff.

My Amazon review:
I have tried several metal "polishers" and for the most part been disappointed. 
One thing to note, is that FIRST using the green colored de-oxidizer makes a HUGE difference in the outcome, just using the purple metal polish does not deliver nearly the same result and had I not bought the combo pack, I likely would have been disappointed again. I rarely write reviews but was impressed enough to make the time to write this one partly due to results and the fact that its been so hard to find a metal polish that works, but ALSO so people know that its important to have BOTH BOTTLES and follow the directions to get the results you will want since it makes all the difference using the de-oxidizer first.
I purchased this mostly cause I have a 2014 Centurion wake boat which has stainless on it and the trailer has diamond plate step pads on fenders and few other spots, sadly I had not found anything previous to this that worked well so the trailer diamond plate had not been maintained and was fairly dull looking. I saw someone on a boat forum recommend this cause he used it on his diamond plate which is what got me looking at this product since I had pretty much given up due to 3 other products I have tried being a giant waste of money IMO, so I was hoping this was not gonna be another $30 flushed down toilet.
I am pretty impressed with the results, the diamond plate now looks virtually brand new and literally sparkles. Also did a section of a 3yr old truck toolbox that has never even really been washed and sits on my work truck outside 100% of the time, this polish also transformed the toolbox and brought back all the shine. Only thing I will *NOTE*, on the diamond plate where the polished sections are, the purple polish has small "beads" in it which I am sure is partly what helps polish the metal an bring it back to original shine....but it did leave some very small "swirls/scratches" in the polished diamond plate when done. Maybe that is a softer metal? This happened on trailer step pads and the toolbox, its only something you can notice and see when looking at it from real close up, but since I am OCD, I notice everything! Also important to note that on all the metals I have now tried this on, the polished areas of the diamond plate is the ONLY one that this happened on. None of the other polished metal surfaces I have used it on got any swirls/scratches at all and why I am thinking perhaps the diamond plate was a softer metal, or the finish is done a little different.
On my boat, I have several stainless steel, polished wakeboard racks on the tower that were covered in water spots that I have been unable to remove no matter what I used in the past. Not gonna lie....it was time consuming cause I disassembled the racks totally to thoroughly clean every piece perfectly, but the difference is incredible, 5yr old racks now look brand new! I found on the areas of metal that are "brushed", I would use the de-oxidizer, let it sit and dry.....then use the purple polish (some areas required multiple coats to get all the water spots/crap off) and doing smaller sections at a time is key to working the area properly to get everything removed, but I also think it was more work mostly cause its the first time they have gotten cleaned like this in 5yrs), THEN, because of the black residue that comes off as you polish the metal, in the sections where the metal has the "brushed" metal (like really fine grooves in metal), a very fine coat of the black residue would remain in the brushed metal grooves (maybe cause I never used a "damp/wet" cloth, only dry microfiber cloths...maybe a wet cloth would have removed the residue in those areas). Anyway, 5mins after using the purple polish process, I would go back and use the de-oxidizer again and it easily removed ALL the traces of the fine black residue from the purple polish and left the brushed metal looking perfectly shiny and brand new looking.
FYI.....Because of the black residue coming off, which means its doing its job and removing the buildup, you will need multiple cloths. I used micro-fiber for everything.

One other thing, I have custom rims on the boat trailer (brand is: gear alloy), and the bead lock at very outer part of the rim has a brushed metal look and the rest of the wheel is black.....this brushed metal has also gotten some water spots/residue over the years. You can only see it when very close up, but being OCD this has always bothered me. I have not done the entire part of a rim yet, but the other night did 2 small sections as a test. You can clearly see that this is removing all the water spots/residue and is also going to make those 4 rims look brand new, stoked about that! (Just to clarify, I am NOT using this on any of the black painted areas of rim, only the outer brushed metal surface)

After done with the metal polish, I tried "sealing" the metal parts with Jescar (Menzerna), Power Lock +, which is a polymer sealant to see if that will help protect it. I have previously used this on a variety of surfaces and it works great and leaves no residue like some other waxes/sealers I have tried.....this polymer sealant worked well on the polished areas, but wasn't sure about the brushed metal areas. After a couple tests, I found that my regular Paste Wax (Collinite 945) works very well on the brushed metal. The 945 is what I have used on the boat gelcoat many times in past (recently switched to the Jescar since it lasts longer, is also very easy to apply/buff, and looks great)! Using the 945 on the brushed metal/board racks, I put on a light coat of the paste and then without leaving it on for more than 5mins, I wiped it all off and buffed well. It left all the metal parts with a nice, slick finish that I am sure will help protect it a little bit better than with nothing.

Diamond Plate cleaned 1. resized.jpg

Diamond Plate cleaned 2. resized.jpg

• Like 1

beau t    8

That gives the trailer a pop factor! Also a nice write up, if i ever get my other junk out of the boats way i need to try this!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..