anthonyvazquez

2013 v227 hour meter question

Hi there. I'm looking at a 2013 v226 with 1000 hours and the owner says they're mostly 'stereo' hours. Claims the meter runs even with the engine off and listening to music. Is this true? can I check actual engine hours through a scan tool of some sort?  thx

Wylie_Tunes    146

Yes, the ECM stores true engine hours. You can also prove owner correct or not. Play stereo and what the hour meter.  

mfenton2    2

I never heard of the hour meter running with the engine off.. Post this to the Supreme/centurion facebook group. You will get more info.  

InfinitySurf    302

I have heard of a couple people who said the hour meter ticked even when engine off. Never confirmed, but have seen that posted a time or 2. Any dealer can pull the hours from ECM which will give you a list of all hours and at what rpm the boat was at. Not sure how it would show up if engine was off. If true, something must be messed up with the wiring somewhere.

MobEnzo    51

If my key is on acc, the hour meter will tick. I don’t need it on for any of the accessories, so hasn’t been an issue. I’m guessing they leave it on, but would depend how it’s wired. As stated, there’s an easy way to find out. Good luck!