Sign in to follow this  
rockballer

Centurion comparison

rockballer    162

Possibly trading my boat in and looking for a specific boat that surfs well. My dealer no longer supports Centurion so I am looking at other options. My dealer has been fantastic over the years and I don't plan switching, neither do any of the other Extreme customers I have spoken too.

My current setup

2014 Centurion AVY SS. Pro Ballast, A-Tab, 1450 Enzo sacks in the rear. It surfs alright but even though the boat has only about 60 hrs on it. It's already 5 yrs old and no longer under warranty.

I am looking at a 2019 Mastercraft NXT22. Anyone surfed behind this boat that has also surfed a last gen AVY.

Thank You in advance

Edited by rockballer

h20king    794

The x series is super nice and surfs really well.  Nxtt is a crossover so you will never get the wake out of one that you get out of the avalanche. I really like the x24

Edited by h20king

rockballer    162

So you think my AVY will have a better surf wave? I mean when it's loaded up with people is surfs well. I actually have to dump ballast sometimes. I would rather not have to move the larger folks around the boat for that bonus ballast. I feel like an idiot.... I haven't won any awards by doing this either...

rockballer    162

What about MB's? The dashes in them remind me of an 80's caddy with all those switches. They also have an F1217. But it's only a 12 seater.

I just want something I don't have too list. About 100k CDN and 14 seater. Buying a new boat and adding lead just seems stupid IMO,. Especially for a 2019 model

Edited by rockballer

h20king    794

The MB b52 surfs absolutely amazing. I surfed it at the polar bear and was super impressed with the wake that boat puts out. IMO the 23 mb b52 is the best wake $$ wise. You get a awesome wake and a nice boat for way less $$$ than anything out there. 

h20king    794

The b52 has 5000lbs stock ballast and only needs a couple hundred pounds of lead in the bow. Get the powder coat package and the dash does not look to bad 

WakeDoc    471

Do you have a local nautique dealer? Looking at new or used?

BoardCo    110

If you want a wave that is as good or better than your Avy you aren't going to get it in a Mastercraft without extra lead unless you go with a X22 or X24 unfortunately. The NXT is ok for entry level, but it definitely has it's limitations and you will need extra lead to equal what you have in your Avy if it is set up properly.

MB isn't a bad choice. There are a number of issues with the boats but they do throw out a decent surf wave if you set them up properly. We have taken 6 on trade this year and still have 2 2017's if you are interested. :D

rockballer    162
6 hours ago, WakeDoc said:

Do you have a local nautique dealer? Looking at new or used?

Nautique in Canada sell for over 200K. Max I am wanting to spend is 120k CDN. 

5 hours ago, BoardCo said:

If you want a wave that is as good or better than your Avy you aren't going to get it in a Mastercraft without extra lead unless you go with a X22 or X24 unfortunately. The NXT is ok for entry level, but it definitely has it's limitations and you will need extra lead to equal what you have in your Avy if it is set up properly.

MB isn't a bad choice. There are a number of issues with the boats but they do throw out a decent surf wave if you set them up properly. We have taken 6 on trade this year and still have 2 2017's if you are interested. :D

Looking for something a little newer than a 17.  Thanks for the advice though. Going to look at other options. The boat show is coming up next weekend locally here, maybe they will have something a little more fitting

Dan gib    8

Did you come on the crew to ask what type of noncenturion boat you should trade you centurion in on? ?

wheels    151
On 2019-01-28 at 2:29 PM, rockballer said:

Nautique in Canada sell for over 200K. Max I am wanting to spend is 120k CDN. 

Looking for something a little newer than a 17.  Thanks for the advice though. Going to look at other options. The boat show is coming up next weekend locally here, maybe they will have something a little more fitting

Not gonna be a whole lot at the boat show this neither Toni or wizard will be there.  So probably only Malibu/axis and maybe tige. 

carguy79ta    67
On 1/27/2019 at 8:15 PM, rockballer said:

Buying a new boat and adding lead just seems stupid IMO,. Especially for a 2019 model

Depends on if you want to maximize the potential of the boat. I have a 257, bought in 17, with 1000 lead. Added the lead after 2 months.  Is it required? No. It makes thewave that much better. We typ havve a crew of 3 or 4.