Hdrk2004

Ballast help 2007 Elite V C4

Hdrk2004    0

I just purchased a 2007 Elite V C4 that does not have any rear ballast, any suggestions on what to put in the rear storage lockers? How much weight should I use?

Jake707    171

750s fit with room to spare. I pretty much only run regular side so I have a 1100 in port locker that doesn't quite fill all the way up, if it does it starts to push up the hatch, and a 750 in the starboard locker.

Rob Koski    0

Gents,

I'm in the same situation - just picked up a 2007 elite V with no rear ballast and looking at getting some WakeMAKERS universal fits.  I've recently winterized and didn't collect the measurements of the lockers.  Does anyone know?

Another thread indicated 24.5 wide 22 high 50+ but that was for a 2003 Elite V and I'm not sure whether there were any changes in those model years to the rear lockers.

Best,

eyeguy    0

I just picked up an elite v c4 2007 also about a month ago. Must be the time to find some nice 2007 c4's! 

Mine has stock 17.5 pitch prop. Thinking about trying a little larger 13.25-13.5 inch prop in the 15-16 pitch range. Mine has some pretty big bags in the back lockers. At least 500 lbs maybe are 750's? They fill front to back and sideways near perfect and when full fill locker about 2/3 vertically. They are fly high fat sacs. Mine has stock center ballast think is 350 lbs. bow bag is guessing 400lbs. With back left bag full, center full front 70 percent full and back right 75 percent full it makes a pretty nice surf wave with wake shaper on side of boat. That is with only myself and one observer. My boat has the 350 mag motor which I assume is pretty standard. Motor seems to handle this load fine. Running about 2900-3000 rpm at about 11-12 mph. Thinking about adding some lead/steel in rear lockers so dont need bigger bags or more people to increase wave size a bit. If anyone has added surf gates or trim tabs like go surf assist I would love to hear about how that worked/helped boat wave making performance. Hope this helped you guys a little on how my boat was set up when I got it... Let me know what you learn as you go. Thanks, Dean