Packrat    13

Can anyone tell me if it's best to put check valves on both the fill and drain sides of factory ballast system on a 2008 SV230 Enzo? Been out of the game for a while.

Mine has the factory sprinkler valves as well as an extra ballast puppy with green impeller. 

Wylie_Tunes    146

With sprinkler valves AND an impeller fill pump, no check valve should be needed there. 

As to the drain. Are you looking to curb passive draining? This is hard to stop with an aerator drain pump. We have had some success with a check valve here, in slowing to a trickle, so passive flow in the drain line. 

The vent line is another area we see a lot of passive draining. 

Hein    63

We never had any problems draining with the stock setup in our '08 Enzo. We have since upgraded to bags and do see a trickle out of the surf side vents.  We just check and top off as needed between sessions.  We also have a bow bag on a separate pump which has started draining back through the fill pump.  I need to check the impeller and probably add a check valve after the pump.  The bag is quite a bit higher than the pump while surfing which places more back pressure on the pump.

All the best,

Hein

Edited by Hein

WakeDoc    471

I have always run the drain and overflows to the opposite side of the boat and have never had a siphon issue since.

Packrat    13

Hein, for regular side Wakesurfing, what ballast/lead combinations do you use? I have a SV230

Thanks 

Edited by Packrat
Edit

truekaotik    458

You need to cross vent and drain to opposite sides and you won’t have issues with those. If the fill pump has a good impeller it should be fine. 

Hein    63
On 1/28/2019 at 8:47 AM, Packrat said:

Hein, for regular side Wakesurfing, what ballast/lead combinations do you use? I have a SV230

Thanks 

We run all bags full and a suck wedge on the opposite side just ahead of the sideswipe port. no lead.  Low and level with rub rail at rear corners are just above the water.  Bow bag helps keep the boat more level front to back which seems more efficient through the water. Less rpm needed.

Packrat    13

Can you give me an idea of what bag sizes? Do you have mid tanks/bags 250 and rear bags 750 ?

Hein    63

Below is a photo of the  rear and under seat bags. Same on the other side. They are custom.  I can dig up a dimensional drawing if you like. The notch in the bottom is so the bag can go over a cover I made for the sideswipe tubes and valves.

custom_enzo_bags_aired.png&key=b9a48ca13

Bow bag is Sumo 500lbs V-shape but we probably fill it to about 400 before it starts lifting the seat cushions. Crew of usually 3 sits on surf side. We have a 200lbs bag we put on the seat if light on crew.

All the best, Hein

Edited by Hein