Sign in to follow this  
Creekrat82

Choices!?!?

Creekrat82    4

So the Mrs and I just closed on our house, I got a promotion, and my work, oilfield, has decided to give me back some of the 40k/year they stripped me of in the downturn. The boss lady has given the thumbs up to start shopping for a boat for the upcoming season and so far I’ve found a couple that I’m considering so far.

The first is a 2007 SV240 with the 6.2L motor and 67 hours, this part kind of scares me but not a definite turnoff. A 2 owner boat where the origins owner passed away and left it to his son that was not into boating so it was dry stored.  it has no speakers on the tower and only has 2 hard tanks with zero additional ballast so it’s kind of a clean slate. Asking price is 36k.

The next option is a 2012 SV233 with the 5.7L and 206 hours. This one appears to have a pretty nice exile system already, 6 tower speakers, but am unsure on the details but have requested additional information on this as well as any upgrades to the ballast system. This boat is being offered at 48k. 

I am located in Northeastern Oklahoma up on Grand Lake but have no qualms driving a long distance to get the right vessel for us. In the past we have predominantly knee/wakeboarded but we will be doing a lot of surfing starting this coming up summer and figure the split would be probably 50/50.  We are wanting to stay under 50k and don’t mind doing upgrades ourselves but definitely wouldn’t turn down something that was ready for warmer days. Any insight is greatly appreciated as well as any leads on other boats as well. 

DrNate    426

Both boats are solid, just depends on if you want to do the upgrades yourself or buy a boat that is ready to Surf with full stereo, etc.  The SV hulls can be a little picky on Wakeboard weight but for the money their Surf waves are unparalleled.  This hull is tried and true and handles chop very well for an older boat

Troy    234

Between those 2 it would be hard for me to decide.

The 2007 240 has the 6.2 is nice and $8k cheaper and a longer boat. Build it how you want.

The 2012 233 has the fwd helm design and better vinyl. 

If both are in the same condition and the color you like then I would pick the 240. If one has a better color and/or condition I would lean that way. For surfing, the wave will be one of the best on the lake with less weight and less fuel usage. 

doug743    53

I would get the 233, newer boat, better resale, better layout, still represents the current line up, so will hold value better over time. also may get better finance rates if you plan to finance