Cameron

Who has the most weight? ‘16,’17,’18 S238

Cameron    4

I’m am curious to know who has the most aftermarket weight in their 238 without sinking it or causing issues.

Post details on the following:

Type/Amount? (Ballasts, lead)

Location in boat?

Engine size? 

Total weight including stock ballasts

I currently have:

1100’s in the rear lockers 

350 engine 

Total weight of 3800# 

I want to order 600# of lead and some midship seat bags which would put me close to 5000#.

Edited by Cameron

h20king    794

You will be fine. I had 900lb bags in the lockers 350 lb bags under the seats and 650lbs of lead in our 16 238. You will need the high altitude prop though if you don't already have it.

Cameron    4
5 hours ago, h20king said:

You will be fine. I had 900lb bags in the lockers 350 lb bags under the seats and 650lbs of lead in our 16 238. You will need the high altitude prop though if you don't already have it.

I have the High Altitude Prop.

How much would you say is too much weight in these boats? I am assuming the motor would be the limiting factor?

I don't plan to go anymore then what i had stated above but i am interested to see how far some people have pushed these boats

NW Vettes    11

I run about the same at h20king but I have the 409 motor and high altitude prop. I’ve loaded the boat up with all the ballast and 10+ people and surfing is no problem 

• Like 1

-HONCHO-    13

I have a 2017 238 and I'm running the wake makers set up with 750s in the rear lockers and 250s I believe under the bench seats. I added 700lbs of lead last year in the rear lockers and have since acquired 600 more lbs of ballast for this upcoming year. 

Cameron    4
On 12/9/2018 at 9:35 PM, -HONCHO- said:

Are you guys running the Acme 1617 prop?

I am sure you must be getting an amazing wake, cant wait to hear what the extra 600 does.

I have the high altitude prop.

Craig    0

I have 1100lb in each of the rear lockers plus 200lb lead in each of the rear lockers

I also move around 200lb of lead on the seats

Total i think there is 4650lb all together.  

350 engine

And a wicked prop that changed my rpm while surfing from 4100 down to 3100!  My gas bill is so much better!

I also use a wake shaper on it.  Guys i ride with all have centurions and i dont notice any difference in their wave.

Cameron    4
4 hours ago, Craig said:

I have 1100lb in each of the rear lockers plus 200lb lead in each of the rear lockers

I also move around 200lb of lead on the seats

Total i think there is 4650lb all together.  

350 engine

And a wicked prop that changed my rpm while surfing from 4100 down to 3100!  My gas bill is so much better!

I also use a wake shaper on it.  Guys i ride with all have centurions and i dont notice any difference in their wave.

I want to be right around where you are at maybe a bit more.

Any reason you use a wake shaper?

Does it make THAT MUCH of a difference and if so where in the wave do you notice it the most?

The reason i bought the boat is because of the tabs so i didnt have to use a shaper.

Craig    0

If you can borrow someone’s and try it along with your tabs. I find that I don’t have to use as much surf tab or trim tab. The wave has more push, its harder and not a lot of whitewash. I bought the boat too so I didn’t have to use the shaper but one buddy I ride with is pro skim and he owned a 2016 226. He used the shaper and loved it so I tried it. I took it off the other day and the wave was not as good at all. The other thing maybe is my prop  its a 15x17.75.  Such a difference  

Cameron    4

I will have to look into borrowing a shaper if i can find someone around me that has one.

I may also look into changing the prop, ill pay close attention to the rpm next season.

Thanks for the info.

fresh newbie here just purchased a 18 s238 looking to put 1100 in rear and plenty of lead under seats ect 

what is the acme number for the high altitude prop the current one on the boat is a acme 1235 14.5 x 14.25 

is that the high altitude prop

Aquaholic1    3

2017 s238

1000’s in rear lockers

600 in lead - 200 in each rear locker and 200 on surf side back corner of bench seat

260’s under each bench seat 

3120 in bags/lead total 

1500 in hard tanks (I believe....)

4620 total.....

acme 1235 prop

usually 4 people (3-5)

(have had 9 adults and 3 kids ran great!)

as far as wakeshaper, I have one and only used it once. They work great, but I prefer Quicksurf  

Edited by Aquaholic1
Added info

Aquaholic1    3
10 hours ago, Supreme s238 St. Croix said:

thank you h20 king

aquaholic what speed and settings for wake surfing are you running

what is the height of the wave  3 1/2'- 4' ?

I just got the 2  bags for under the bench and an extra 200 lbs of lead at the end of the season. So I’m excited for this year to say the least. As it was, When we have the boat full of people it’s a solid 3 1/2’. Most of the time it’s 4 people and still a solid 3’. For me it’s difficult as I ride a river so I’m almost always adjusting things. Usually up-stream it ranges from 10.2 - 10.8 and down-stream it’s 11.4 - 12 depending on how fast it’s flowing.  At one point I actually ran 9.4 up and 12.4 down. My port side Quicksurf is at 90 and stinger is at 70. Starboard is 85 Quicksurf and 30 stinger. Again depending on the day have some adjustments. I’m expecting to get a 3 1/2 - 4’ wave this year with the added weight. It’s a nice long wave as well.  Easily 20’ plus in length and starboard side you can fall back about 5’ more than port. 

Also in regards to wake-shapers, I used it on my last boat. It was an axis a22 and I’ll never go back. I did try it on my supreme and worked But what I noticed is that it gives a shorter in height longer barrel type wave as the tabs give a taller smooth but long wave. They definitely work well but not what I like to ride personally. Plus I love the tall smooth waves up front with the nice barrel towards the back.

Edited by Aquaholic1
Spelling errors lol

Aquaholic1    3

I’ve tried resizing pics but still can’t figure it out! Wish admin could get it to be able to just upload pics and we need to get more content on here! Supreme doesn’t do much marketing or social media. Not knocking the site just wish there was more supreme stuff, updated info, and more user friendly as I’m technologically slow lol. 

InfinitySurf    302
2 hours ago, Aquaholic1 said:

I’ve tried resizing pics but still can’t figure it out! Wish admin could get it to be able to just upload pics and we need to get more content on here! Supreme doesn’t do much marketing or social media. Not knocking the site just wish there was more supreme stuff, updated info, and more user friendly as I’m technologically slow lol. 

Try this link, you can resize the pic (it needs to be resized pretty small to work, around 100k). 

With this site you can resize pics easily. Upload original pic and resize, use the "normal quality" and click resize. If small enough, you can download and good to go. If not, resize again. I use this free link all the time to upload pics and it works great.

https://resizeimage.net/

thank u Aquaholic I'm headed down to your river JK looks like the perfect width when there is no boat  traffic waves disappear when u come back thru 

we are on the st croix river WI-MN border its a washout after 11am i.e.:big cruisers

we had a mastercraft csx220 same hull as the x25 

great wave with 2500lbs and a ronix wedge but forever pull out set up and fill bags manually 25min .  The kids disliked waiting and sometimes, because it takes shuffling around n time to set up conditions changed.   

you are correct the wave was tall and we could and on a good run go 15' back only 

we found that the depth of river if deeper really made a difference in wave quality over 15 foot was much better cleaner taller longer wave

So went to boat show this year to look at what we could afford to purchase 5 years down the road and ended up purchasing an 18 s238 

we are excited to say the least 

What u get for the price was the sign n drive deal for us compared to any other boat out there as compared to a used boat with no warranty and same payment because of shorter payment term 

Anyways I just want to set up the boat with the correct weight ect before we put in river hopefully by May we hope!!!!!! with neoprene on