JokerThaMan    1

I have a 08 SV 240 that I want to install surf tabs similar to the quick surf tabs.  Any one done this?  If so what are the dimensions of the tabs?

20181106_213102.jpg

super1990    18

I have installed the surf assist listed below on my 2008 SV230, The system really works well.If you need any more info just let me know.

https://www.wakemakers.com/go-surf-assist-aftermarket-surf-system.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAlIXfBRCpARIsAKvManzfjoPU2udEsGdph6Tim0gDjG7Rx8Ok9AI9e7MrwKACdTFwN0ak-ykaAhyoEALw_wcB

JokerThaMan    1

My buddy owns a fabrication shop.  To save some money I was going to make my own. Was wanting the demisions

Shaka    146

Those tabs will not work on an SV230 due to the swim platform bracket mounting area. Whatever tab you use (except GoSurfAssist as they are long not wide) will need to take that into account.

My company produces a watersports trim tab that is designed around the SV boats. We also make a universal version. The tab for the SV boats isn't on the website but it can be ordered through me. Both the universal and SV editions have some upgrades over the Supreme style tabs.

https://infinity-wave-mfg.myshopify.com/?fbclid=IwAR0nD3uUKvrbN6mDcD-SredPv2I-pEMzmgkUOmyIA-rCtvrXad7b5lVFqYc

JokerThaMan    1

Would like to see a pic.  Also, how much are they running?

Shaka    146
1 hour ago, JokerThaMan said:

Would like to see a pic.  Also, how much are they running?

They look exactly like the ones on the website only they have a cutout to accommodate the swim platform bracket mounting area. The SV series tabs hinges are welded to the tab rather than bolted on because there is no need to be universal. I used my SV230 to design them. The transom of your boat and mine are exactly the same so they are a direct fit.

JokerThaMan    1
1 hour ago, Shaka said:

They look exactly like the ones on the website only they have a cutout to accommodate the swim platform bracket mounting area. The SV series tabs hinges are welded to the tab rather than bolted on because there is no need to be universal. I used my SV230 to design them. The transom of your boat and mine are exactly the same so they are a direct fit.

Thank you for the information.

Hein    63

I have and 08 SV230 and interested in adding some OEMish surf tabs.  Could do some CAD work and have them water jetted.

Shaka    146

News on this coming guys. Finalized the design which incorporates some of the latest touches. A-plates and double-wing stinger plates as well.

• Like 1

Sfb330    11

Shaka, have you installed these on a sv244?  If so, do you have any video?

Following and interested in a set as well.

Shaka    146

Nope. Our prototype boat was my SV230.  The fit will be the same. We didn't get much video of our final tab as it was finalized and tested later in the season. I'm going to ask a guy tonight who took a lot of pics on my boat if he shot any. 

If you really need a video reference just look for video of an SV244 with Quick Surf. Our tabs are similar to the current offerings other than the fins which is actually an improvement.

InfinitySurf    302

I have started the InfinityWave surf tab system install on my 2014 SV244. I am totally pumped about this and look forward to testing as soon as these storms move out. Here are some teaser pics in the meantime. Tabs and actuators/wires all fully mounted and in place... just need to finish permanently installing my wiring and then fabricate my bracket to mount the switches at the helm since I dont want to drill into my dash at this time.

Tabs look really good and I temp wired everything together last night to test it all, everything worked very well and I am excited at the prospect of soon being able to control my surfing with the switches! Shaka is very responsive, these guys are obviously dedicated to making sure that everything works well and they provide a quality product for a very fair price. I think this is gonna be a homerun!

BEFORE InfinityWave surf tabs. Transom 2.jpg

Surf tabs mounted 1.jpg

Surf tabs mounted 2.jpg

Surf tab close up retracted 1.jpg

Surf tab close up retracted 2.jpg

Tabs mounted. Holes drilled for actuator position 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Dkagele    0

Infinitysurf let me know how you liked it. I have a 13 sv 244 and have been pondering these for quite sometime. My only concern is compromising a great wake that the boat already has, and making it not as great for throwing tabs on. Curious how much ballast you ran with the tabs as well. And of course how the wake comparison was. Thanks 

InfinitySurf    302
6 hours ago, Dkagele said:

Infinitysurf let me know how you liked it. I have a 13 sv 244 and have been pondering these for quite sometime. My only concern is compromising a great wake that the boat already has, and making it not as great for throwing tabs on. Curious how much ballast you ran with the tabs as well. And of course how the wake comparison was. Thanks 

Sure will! I planned to post a full review with pics and video as soon as I can test & dial in. I am expecting/hoping test will go great. Finally gonna get to test my new InfinityWave surf tabs this evening. I planned to go out on Sunday but the weather here was really crappy all weekend, so heading out with my 2 surfing buddies this evening. Tabs are very well made and my install went smoothly. I connected the tabs directly to my 3rd battery so I can put them up/down without boat being on. I dont think that will be any issue since when not using the boat, its garaged with batteries all turned off and NOCO 3-bank charger hooked up and that 3rd battery is a backup to my 2nd battery which is for accessories/stereo. 

I don't see any reason why they wont work great, these tabs have the 4 fins under them which directs the water flow under boat toward the wave to give it the push you want. The original "QuickSurf" tabs on the SV boats did not have those fins and were smaller in size than these....and from what I hear didn't work that great and speculation is that a large reason is because the water wasn't "directed" to the wave properly since due to deep v hull, the hull wants to push the water away from the boat rather than behind it (I heard many people with those QS factory tabs on 2015/2016 Centurion boats were getting a better wave listing their boats rather than using the factory QS system) so I was initially nervous about it. After a good deal of research tho, I am pretty confident that I will have good results with this design, plus of course the owner tested these on his own SV230 boat. InfinityWave tab design is similar to the re-designed 2019 surf tabs that Supreme also came out with recently for on their 238 and I hear they are much better this year than in previous years. Since Supreme is also a deep-v boat, should work similar and you know they put a lot of R&D into the new design.

Previously, been using a Nauticurl suck gate since 2017 for my surf wave, puts out a very nice clean wave with great push and length. This is a big boat, so takes more to sink the hull, no replacement for displacement! The ballast I have is: Ramfill = 2500lbs; 500lb bow bag under seats; 2) 700lb PnP bags in rear lockers & 500lbs of leadwake bags (so 4900lbs total available....tho if you see my setup below, I am dropping approx 250lbs of that, so using roughly 4650lbs of the ballast). Typical crew for me is 3 guys total including me.....if I get more than 4 guys on boat, I start dropping some ballast to account for the extra weight at rear since on my boat that amount has been perfect. Sometimes if its rough out, I also put a little less lead in the bow so I dont take any big waves over the bow tho majority of that is the driving style. Still, the SV has a lower nose and free board than many of the newer boats so I stay aware of that since I boat on a large lake with big cruisers, so chop can get extreme at times.

I like a long wave with plenty of real estate to play on, so was filling all ballast 100%, then drain off Ramfill on NON-surf side to 80% full to give a slight list toward surf side. 300lbs of my lead added to bow under bow filler cushion (including bow bag under seats a total of 800lbs in bow) and the other 200lbs in cabin against the built-in cooler to left of drivers feet. Partial reason for the listing... is there is only one spot on my hull to mount suck gate and with the extra ballast the gate was a little too deep in water. I found if you bury the suck gate too far in water, the wave is not as good so the list brings it up a little out of water and gave me an excellent wave. 

On test, I plan to start with same ballast setup and see what happens and tweak from there. Frankly the suck gate wave I have is incredible, so if these surf tabs give me similar results, I will be very pleased. I am not really expecting a "better" wave (tho its possible), I just want better convenience, looks, functionality and ability to do wave transfers on the fly. I have 2 friends that are pro's that ride behind my boat occasionally and say the wave is comp quality, I know I love it, but am a noob compared to them and many others on this forum. Using my center tab to adjust, I can either make a steep barrel wave going to 0-10% deployed.....or a more skim style putting tab down to roughly 80%, depends on my rider. Personally I like around 30% since I ride surf style and have been trying to get better at my air's, etc. Tab surf system will not only be easier to deal with, but also will make the boat a little more efficient since the suck gate obviously creates extra drag. My rpm difference is 3100-3200 listing vs 3400-3600 using he suck gate depending on the attitude of my center trim plate setting. Speed is 10.8-11mph and I am at 800ft elevation with the ZR409 engine and using a #1847 & #1433 props  (same size props, just slightly different cup which is too slight for me to notice any difference).

Totally pumped about going surfing later today!!

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

@Dkagele

The short version....the InfinityWave surf tabs were flawless at our test yesterday evening and I could not be happier with my decision to pull the trigger on these! 

Easy to dial (took less than 3mins adjusting the tabs to find perfect surf wave). Same ballast setup I was using before. The rpm's dropped over 200rpm compared to using the suck gate! With center tab at 40% (see below FB video), rpm's running at 3,150. Taking the center tab to 0% to make the surf wave the biggest possible, rpm was 3400.

I will be posting a much more detailed review and writeup on the InfinityWave tabs. In meantime, Here is a link to the Centurion/Supreme Facebook page that one of my buddies on the boat took and posted to show 2) video's riding the wave and some pictures! WHOOP :wub:.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1882458648689246/

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.penrod/videos/pcb.2300131463588627/10218483108049606/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.penrod/videos/pcb.2300131463588627/10218483108249611/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Dkagele    0

Well glad to hear you got great results. I wasn't able to get any of the videos to load but thanks a ton for the feedback. Looks like something I might have to look into :) 

Max Evans    0
On 4/18/2019 at 9:39 AM, InfinitySurf said:

@Dkagele

The short version....the InfinityWave surf tabs were flawless at our test yesterday evening and I could not be happier with my decision to pull the trigger on these! 

Easy to dial (took less than 3mins adjusting the tabs to find perfect surf wave). Same ballast setup I was using before. The rpm's dropped over 200rpm compared to using the suck gate! With center tab at 40% (see below FB video), rpm's running at 3,150. Taking the center tab to 0% to make the surf wave the biggest possible, rpm was 3400.

I will be posting a much more detailed review and writeup on the InfinityWave tabs. In meantime, Here is a link to the Centurion/Supreme Facebook page that one of my buddies on the boat took and posted to show 2) video's riding the wave and some pictures! WHOOP :wub:.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1882458648689246/

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.penrod/videos/pcb.2300131463588627/10218483108049606/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.penrod/videos/pcb.2300131463588627/10218483108249611/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

@InfinitySurf great write up and well done! Been thinking about this for a while, want to get your take. Do you think it would be worth it to swap out the quick surf tabs on my FS44 for infinity tabs or go surf tabs. I can run my setup now essentially the same as you have it here but 250 lead in total with the quick surf tab between 20-50 and its pretty good but I feel like I can squeeze more out of it. Wondering if the bigger tabs would help with that. Thoughts? 

InfinitySurf    302
On 8/24/2020 at 10:31 PM, Max Evans said:

@InfinitySurf great write up and well done! Been thinking about this for a while, want to get your take. Do you think it would be worth it to swap out the quick surf tabs on my FS44 for infinity tabs or go surf tabs. I can run my setup now essentially the same as you have it here but 250 lead in total with the quick surf tab between 20-50 and its pretty good but I feel like I can squeeze more out of it. Wondering if the bigger tabs would help with that. Thoughts? 

The factory QS tabs for 2015/2016 did not work effectively, you can get a better wave by listing the boat. It isnt that the hulls would not produce an excellent wave using surf tabs.... it was a design flaw issue IMO. My un-scientific opinion is that the factory QS tabs were not shaped properly and are too small, so for them to do what they are supposed too (crab the hull), they have too be deployed so far that they degrade the wave. So I would say 100% by switching to the InfinityWave surf tabs you will be able to effectively use them. The cool thing is all you should have to do is remove the old factory tabs and just re-use the existing actuators & wiring. It is possible (likely even?) that you will have to re-mount the actuators to get the best position.... I did not have factory tabs so didnt have to worry about that. I imagine since these tabs are larger tho, they may not line up left/right to existing actuator placement... plus when you mount the actuator position you want the "at rest/retracted" position of the tabs to be as high as possible under swim platform, mine are 1/2" from swim platform brackets. If they are not as high as possible, it can interfere with your wave so its one of the most important steps.

One thing I will say tho.... I am not sure how adjustable the factory tabs were (I think they have different placement positions and are adjustable tho?) , the reason this matters is you want surf tabs to deploy the LEAST possible to get your surf wave, on my SV244 hull that is approx 9% compared to the running surface of the hull. That gives me the largest surf style wave. If I want more of a skim style wave, I can deploy the tab a little further.... go too far and then of course the wave starts getting washy.

InfinityWave may have some experience replacing just the factory tabs and keeping the rest of the factory equipment, you should call them and see what they say. Hopefully they can give you the exact answers.... and I am sure you can also get a better deal talking to them directly if you are only wanting the 2 surf tabs and none of the other items.

BTW....Beautiful boat! I have seen you post pics on the FB group.

• Like 1

Max Evans    0
On 8/28/2020 at 10:57 AM, InfinitySurf said:

The factory QS tabs for 2015/2016 did not work effectively, you can get a better wave by listing the boat. It isnt that the hulls would not produce an excellent wave using surf tabs.... it was a design flaw issue IMO. My un-scientific opinion is that the factory QS tabs were not shaped properly and are too small, so for them to do what they are supposed too (crab the hull), they have too be deployed so far that they degrade the wave. So I would say 100% by switching to the InfinityWave surf tabs you will be able to effectively use them. The cool thing is all you should have to do is remove the old factory tabs and just re-use the existing actuators & wiring. It is possible (likely even?) that you will have to re-mount the actuators to get the best position.... I did not have factory tabs so didnt have to worry about that. I imagine since these tabs are larger tho, they may not line up left/right to existing actuator placement... plus when you mount the actuator position you want the "at rest/retracted" position of the tabs to be as high as possible under swim platform, mine are 1/2" from swim platform brackets. If they are not as high as possible, it can interfere with your wave so its one of the most important steps.

One thing I will say tho.... I am not sure how adjustable the factory tabs were (I think they have different placement positions and are adjustable tho?) , the reason this matters is you want surf tabs to deploy the LEAST possible to get your surf wave, on my SV244 hull that is approx 9% compared to the running surface of the hull. That gives me the largest surf style wave. If I want more of a skim style wave, I can deploy the tab a little further.... go too far and then of course the wave starts getting washy.

InfinityWave may have some experience replacing just the factory tabs and keeping the rest of the factory equipment, you should call them and see what they say. Hopefully they can give you the exact answers.... and I am sure you can also get a better deal talking to them directly if you are only wanting the 2 surf tabs and none of the other items.

BTW....Beautiful boat! I have seen you post pics on the FB group.

Thanks for all the info on this, very helpful! I'm planning on a few add ons for next season, this is on the top of the list. I'll have to give them a call.