Hi everyone, new to the site and have a quick question. I just bought an 06 Avy C4 storm 3 and already want more ballast. It has the factory Center and rear hard tanks, I’m going to replace the rear locker tanks with 1100’s and just trying to figure out which ones will fit better. I do have sideswipe which I will build covers for before the bags go in. Now fatsacs are 50” x 24” x 24”. The ones that WakeMAKERS sells are 45” x 25” x 25”. I’m thinking the WakeMAKERS ones will be better as they are shorter to clear the exhaust... is this what everyone has been using?

thank you!

Dan gib    8

I feel like the 1100 in my typhoon only can fill 80% of the way but only a guess. I don’t have side swipe

I think the typhoon may be a few inches narrower then the Avy... slightly less locker room. pretty sure I read that somewhere on this site. Do your bags fill the locker length wise in your typhoon or is there air space front or back of the locker? And from which company did you buy your bags from? Thank you!

Troy    234

I ran 1100's in my 08 Avy until I went custom sac. No issues. Did they fill all the way? no. Did they hold more than the 750's? yes I believe so. 

Kalidgh    37

I have the Wakemakers1100 in my 2011 AVY. Mine will fill 100% however you have to have the bag layiung perfect before you start filling it.  I also had to put metal braces on the sideengine panel as I kept popping it in against the engine. I also put a diverter on the startboard  pump so when I fill port bag  I untilize both pumps

Dan gib    8
23 hours ago, SummerlandAvy said:

I think the typhoon may be a few inches narrower then the Avy... slightly less locker room. pretty sure I read that somewhere on this site. Do your bags fill the locker length wise in your typhoon or is there air space front or back of the locker? And from which company did you buy your bags from? Thank you!

Being smaller then ava is news to me never heard that. I have fatsac. Maybe it fills the entire sac but doesn’t seem but like people said definitely more then a 750 but maybe a 900would do the same either way great results better wave then a buddies new axis with way more weight and dumb Malibu wedge.

Troy    234
On 10/30/2018 at 2:29 PM, SummerlandAvy said:

Thanks Troy, did you have sideswipe?

I do not have sideswipe. 

Troy    234
On 10/30/2018 at 2:38 PM, Kalidgh said:

I have the Wakemakers1100 in my 2011 AVY. Mine will fill 100% however you have to have the bag layiung perfect before you start filling it.  I also had to put metal braces on the sideengine panel as I kept popping it in against the engine. I also put a diverter on the startboard  pump so when I fill port bag  I untilize both pumps

The 2009 and up Avy has a bit taller top cap, might be the reason yours fills all the way also. 

On 2018-10-31 at 6:51 AM, Dan gib said:

Being smaller then ava is news to me never heard that. I have fatsac. Maybe it fills the entire sac but doesn’t seem but like people said definitely more then a 750 but maybe a 900would do the same either way great results better wave then a buddies new axis with way more weight and dumb Malibu wedge.

Thanks Dan, and you are correct about the size, it was the Cyclone I was thinking of.

Troy    234
5 hours ago, Jmart said:

Troy, where did you buy the custom sacs?

Yes, Wakemakers.

GBedard    1

Hey all, new Avy owner here as well.. have a 07 C4.  I've been reading that these boats don't really need nose weight, is this the case?  wanting to get my ballast set up as there is only stock right now.

thanks

Geoff

namadio    0
On 5/13/2019 at 3:59 PM, GBedard said:

Hey all, new Avy owner here as well.. have a 07 C4.  I've been reading that these boats don't really need nose weight, is this the case?  wanting to get my ballast set up as there is only stock right now.

thanks

Geoff

My 02 wake is surfable with just an 1100 in the back locker and a few people in boat on same side.  At most i've done 1100 sac + 400 under seat on surf side, and a 400 under the walk thru.  Moving people to the bow at that point didn't seem to help.  Seems people add bow weight once they've really loaded the back first.  I'd like to do the 600 under the seat and a fatbrick on platform next before looking at bow again.  I also dont have the center tank.