Wylie_Tunes    146

Automatically cuts off power once fully open or fully closed; 

This is a waving flag for me. Sounds like the valve needs another voltage trigger to change state again. Your ballast switches will not do this. The switch is on = voltage to valve or off = no voltage. Sounds like this valve opens, removed voltage from motor, then awaits another voltage input before closing. It would never see that 2nd voltage input to close. 

Thats how it reads, without further investigation. 

Im sure you've read it before, but it suggested to ditch the valve and common manifold setup. Give each tank/sac its own pump and plumbing. Worth considering. 

mikeyr114    1

They kind of contradict in the description whether it needs another voltage shot to close it with this line:

2 WIRE AUTOMATIC RETURN SETUP- Simple two wire connection, valve largely de-energizes after opening; Returns to fully closed if power is removed

I have 5 tanks and 2 ballast puppys currently. All stock setup with stock tanks. I am debating how to add to the system without losing factory functionality. If these valves will work it should substantially reduce my fill times over the sprinkler valve set up with them being full flow. I would then feel comfortable with adding bags to my rear lockers without fearing taking forever to fill with current system. 

I may just order one and see how it functions. If I redo manifold only and keep the two pumps should I crossover them to increase flow? Each puppy would need an inline check valve then?

mikeyr114    1

Wiring your new Motorized Ball Valve
This U.S. Solid motorized ball valve comes with two wires. It is most easily used by wiring directly to a power source or simple on off switch. Because this is an auto-return valve, simply shutting off the power will close the valve. Like most U.S. Solid products, the motorized ball valves come with an guide for getting started. You will not have to agonize over finding appropriate wiring diagrams, because it will all be laid out for you in a covenient information sheet.

Troy    234

Looks like a nice valve. Let me know how it works for you. I wouldn't mind replacing my factory sprinkler valves also. 

Wylie_Tunes    146

Heres one thing to consider regarding flow. Impeller pumps are a positive displacement style pump. They are not as effected by head pressure or restrictions, as other style pumps. A restriction, as the old style sprinkler valves may be, velocity of the flow goes up, while flow rate may only drop a little. 

So you may only see a slight increase in flow rate, while greatly reducing the flow velocity, if filling only one sac/tank. In the end, you still have one pump filling multiple sacs/tanks. So what ever the pump's output is, its still being divided across the summed total ballast capacity. 

Since each sac/tank already has drain plumbing, you could consider less expensive (then a reversible) one-way impeller pumps, one for each sac/tank. Would only need 3, as the 2 existing would be re-purposed. 

fjohnp    2

I upgraded my solenoids using something similar to what you posted at the beginning of this summer.  The original sprinkler valves were leaking and making it nearly impossible to direct the flow of water.  I provided a full write up here: https://www.wakegarage.com/projects-archive/ballast-projects/ballast-solenoid-upgrade-distribution-r161/ 

While the boat is all put away for the winter now, I'll say that the system worked flawlessly this summer!  I kinda wish I would have done it a year or two earlier.

If I was doing it again, the only thing I would have considered would be to upgrade to 1" plumbing all around.  It's all 1" plumbing up to the distribution, but 3/4" from the solenoids to the bag (factory set up).  It would have been an easy switch to increase hose size at the same time to improve fill speeds.  Something to consider depending on your set up.

Hope this helps!

Edited by fjohnp

mikeyr114    1

Looking to buy a factory ballast upgrade this weekend for my 2010 c4 with 5 tanks. If I just wanna replace rear locker hard tanks am I looking at the wakemakers 750 avy kit or the 1100 enzo kit? 

Troy    234

Just bought the motorized valves above (remove power they return closed, say open as long as power is applied). Going to install this weekend hopefully. Let you know the outcome. My sprinkler valves were not working correctly anymore, they lasted 12 years so I can't complain. 

Troy    234

Just swapped the valves out. Have to lake test but should be good to go. 

B6856090-FAD1-452A-856C-F724B118ABF6.jpeg

DA8AD6A3-68D8-4B99-9DC3-F48637BF4767.jpeg

mikeyr114    1

Troy- i ended up buying them last year and used whole summer w no issues..they kick tush for the price and reliability.

• Like 1

Troy    234

I can say i am impressed with them also.  Seems times to fill are down and cross fill doesn't happen. Only the spots I want to fill do, not all the spots at the same time.  The old sprinkler valves sometimes wouldn't shut off.