Gniknalla    0

Hi all,

Need some advice, been looking at a 2006 Enzo230 storm. The sales man does not know a lot about them and I don’t know much my self. 

My questions are can you surf with just standard ballast? And how much ballast do they have standard? And were are the standard tanks located?

I only ask because the boat iam looking at is a good 1 and 1/2 drive just to have a look at it. 

guido8000    7
9 hours ago, Gniknalla said:

Hi all,

Need some advice, been looking at a 2006 Enzo230 storm. The sales man does not know a lot about them and I don’t know much my self. 

My questions are can you surf with just standard ballast? And how much ballast do they have standard? And were are the standard tanks located?

I only ask because the boat iam looking at is a good 1 and 1/2 drive just to have a look at it. 

Gnicknalla, I have this same boat. I believe there were three different trim levels that year. I bought mine with about 130 hours on it. My son had done a lot of research so we took it to a shop that took out the hard ballast tanks and installed a 1800lb+/- soft sack on the port side locker and under the seat  with two pumps and then a smaller 1200/+- lb under the starboard side locker and under the seat with one pump.  It is a surf machine. All of our family surfs regular and that wave is nice. The starboard wave is ok but not great without people or soft sacks strategically placed in the boat. I keep a 50lb brick that sits in the bow and that makes the wave a little longer and we also have soft sack of about 300lb under the seat behind the driver when we surf regular. It takes us about 9 minutes to fill and about 7 minutes to dump. I spent about $4K to get the pumps and sacks installed. We love this boat and often when we are at the boat ramp or dock people give us a thumbs up because it is such a classy looking boat.  The Enzo has held its value pretty well with new surf boats starting at almost six figures. 

IMAG0366 (Small).jpg

guido8000    7

Gnikgnalla, I have a build sheet on the Storm specs but it is too big a file for me to post. PM me and I might be able to send to you in an email. Cheers

COV2    8

I too have the same boat.   First year of owning a boat and it was fantastic.  To answer your question, I think that the stock tanks were 350lbs.  To get a good wave you will need to add some ballast and wake shaper.  Pretty simple really.  I have, so far, kept the stock tanks and added two 1100lb bags that I fill with a tsunami pump, but I only run one on the surf side at a time.  When switching sides I fill from the full bag to the empty bag on the other side to save time.  I run one 1100lb bag with the factory ballast full and have a fantastic wave.  I figured that was the cheapest way to experiment before doing some more expensive and permanent modifications.  Still working on the goofy wave but it is pretty good.  I have both a nauticurl and mission delta wake shaper.  I cant decide which one does a better job.  Still toying with the idea of an a-plate but have not quite found the right design, although I have someone to make it.  The boat is great in chop and ran flawlessly all summer.

559Guero    3
14 hours ago, Gniknalla said:

Hi all,

Gniknalla,  I bought a 2005 SV230 in August with 500hrs and absolutely love it.  I had to drive 1 1/2hrs as well, but worth it for sure, plus the guy took me out to test drive it.  The previous owner had the port side hard tank (under the bench seat between the spotter and the rear bench seat) removed and installed a 1,400lb Enzo sack which runs from the rear port side locker almost up to the spotter's seat.  He also put a 600lb soft sack in the starboard rear locker.  The original  hard tank (he told me it's 250lbs but could be more) under the passenger seat on the starboard side behind the driver is still in place.  I ride goofy but am able to surf the goofy side just fine with the 1,400lb sack and the 250lb hard tank filled with minimal passengers.  The goofy side of the wave isn't as nice but I'm sure would improve if I filled up the 600lb sack as well; either way, it's fine while I'm barely learning.  I'm 6' and 200+lbs, so I need a decent sized wave; however, my son who's about 120lbs can surf the port side with very little ballast.

One more thing I'll throw out there, is the Sideswipe exhaust.  I'm a gearhead so I love the sound of the motor and it was the biggest selling point for me.  I'll be honest, it can be bothersome to some people but I haven't had any complaints from anyone I've taken out.  

I also have experience with a buddy's 22' Avalanche and my brother-in-law's 23' Typhoon C4, so if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Hope this helps.  Good luck! 

Shaka    146

Have this boat. Ripped out the hard tanks and replaced with sacks. If you surf goofy do the Asymmetrical wakeplate mod. The SV230 is the original surf boat and still hangs with the new boats.

• Like 2