Sign in to follow this  
Jakelegg

Ri237 vs Tige zx3

Jakelegg    6

Has anyone every surfed behind a Tige zx3?  I hear the wave is pretty good and as good as the Ri237.    

DarksideR    1,679

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh... are you being serious??

Two friends of mine each own those two boats... They surf together ALL the time. Over a two year span, the Ri237 had 400hours. The ZX3 had less than 100hours... think they both had similar waves? And they tried all kinds of added lead and displacement.

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

You mean the RZX3 or the Z3? There is a new model for 2019 called a ZX5, its their first 25ft boat that I know of and they are calling it their flagship boat now....but 95% sure there has not been a ZX3 released at this point. 

I have been behind the RZX2, the RZX3 and the Z3. The Z3 is the traditional bow, when set up right with a good amount of weight it can be very nice (needs minimum of 3500-4000+ with 5-6 adults IMO)....but is VERY weight sensitive to people moving around once you have the wave set up and the wave will wash out if an adult moves from one side to the other suddenly, can be very annoying if you are on the wave when people are running around the boat cause the wave keeps changing on you, lol. RZX2 & RZX3 (both are picklefork designed bows) can also be set up nicely, both better than the Z3 in my opinion cause they are not sensitive and they also NEED weight to be good (stock PnP pretty much sucks and gets boring fast, tried that and did not go back on that boat, but fun and much better when you add about 1500lbs over stock. I have not been one that was maxed out or had reached its potential, some guys on West Coast that look like they have their waves dialed....regardless tho, when it comes to surfing there is not much that is as good as the Centurion wave from my experience.