kmul38    0

Just bought 2013 V226 with Indmar 409 - love it - but have some newb questions.

Prop - Anyone know the stock prop that came on that boat?  Looked could find any numbers on it, running at 687' elevation, very little acceleration, not much low end,  even when empty.  Down wind, smooth water, empty, max out at 4k RPM/~40mph, bringing people back to dock, 9 people, no ballast, could only pull ~3k RPMs/maybe 15-18mph. Little scared to load it up with ballast.  Thinking ACME 1433 prop might help on the low end and acceleration, don't care if I lose some top end.

Bilge Pump - during the day, mostly when floating, bilge pump came on a LOT, run for 20-30 seconds or longer, full stream of water.  Is this normal?  Thinking Direct Drive seal might need repair/replace (doesn't even look like there's a seal there)?

Appreciate any input.

20180902_195810.jpg

20180902_195758.jpg

ctpavyss    0

I am having similar issues with my 2014 Centurion Avalanche after upgrading the ballast bags in the rear lockers from 750’s to 1100’s. It has the Acme 1939 prop and I am going to swap it to the 1433 after talking with Acme today. It looks like the 2013 V226 had similar prop options and sounds like you may have the same one.

InfinitySurf    302

1433 or 1847 are great props for my boat (SV244)....they are both 14x14.25, just have different cup. I have both and cant tell much difference between the 2, but both do great for low end torque with a lot of ballast weight and can still hit 40mph at WOT when empty, cruising speed is 30mph @ 4000rpm

• Like 1

Mrwick    65

The 1847 did the trick on my v226.  Surfs great with 4K of ballast.....also will pull a skier or wakeboarder great!

• Like 1

I run  a 1433 on my 2013 V226.  No way it would hit 40 mph (IRC- around 34 mph or so max, unloaded)  but it does extremely well loaded down 4k + people for surfing.  Runs about 2800 rpm in that mode 11.2 mph.