Sign in to follow this  
migwrx

H6DI impeller change

migwrx    0

what tools are required to change an impeller on a H6DI

thk

rhino89523    34

I have not done one on that particular motor, but I believe it's GM...for all the ones I have done just a standard set of tools, nothing tricky. Pretty much a socket set and a screw driver and some patience and you are all set.

InfinitySurf    302
On 8/28/2018 at 10:38 AM, migwrx said:

what tools are required to change an impeller on a H6DI

thk

Its pretty easy....you need (15mm I think) to release belt tensioner and remove it.

Then 10mm to remove the 3 bolts to remove the housing....you can get a tool to remove the impeller, but I use a needle nose plier and carefully pull it out since I am replacing it anyway. Little trick to re-install...is too coat the impeller with dawn dish soap to make it slippery and it will rotate into housing easily (not the direction of the vanes when you remove it), but if you miss that, vanes should go in direction needed anyway. I also put soap on the o-ring and make sure to tighten the 3 cover screws equally at a time so it seats properly and you have no leaks.

This owners manual for the H5 and H6 may help....page 36, tho it does not tell you how to replace, just shows where those 3 bolts are to remove the water pump housing.

http://www.planetnautique.com/CorrectCraftManuals/2017/PCM17DI.pdf

After you re-install everything and start up the boat, make sure you check for leaks around the housing.