h2ohangtime

Opinions on 2007 Typhoon C4

h2ohangtime    4

Hi there Crew,

I’m about to pull the trigger (fingers crossed) on an original owner, nicely maintained 2007 Typhoon C4.  We will be using it about 50 surf/25 wakeboard/25 tube until the kids get bigger and the tubing goes away. 

I know the Typhoon has the stepped hull, but everything I’ve read here and on WW states that the surf wave is about the same as an Avalanche.  Does anyone know what the design goal was behind the steps?

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this boat.  Is there any reason I wouldn’t be able to get a good wave out of this, assuming we start off with 750’s in the rear and a wake shaper/suck gate? Thanks!

Troy    234

I thought they stopped the stepped hull in 2005-2006??? If I remember correctly the guys that had the stepped hulls could not get as good as a wave as the Avy’s. 

Pictures? 

h2ohangtime    4

Troy, the steps and the cutouts are two different things that seem to confuse people.  This version of the Typhoon doesn’t have the big cutouts at the transom like the older ones, but its hull has steps that run port to starboard around the halfway point of the length.  My understanding is that a lot of bigger boats had that design to increase efficiency and minimize drag—I just don’t understand why the Typhoon was the only one of the Centurion line to incorporate them.

Here are pics of the transom and the hull steps.

9B28F363-3765-412F-AA04-3D4F80F727BC.jpe

B8CC8B81-4219-462E-B2FB-92B2364D18B8.jpe

Troy    234

That thing should have no issues in throwing an awesome wave, but I haven't not seen or rode one to back up that statement.

Yes I was thinking about the big cutouts at the transom. Never noticed the steps but I agree with you on seeing them on larger boats. I remember back in the day of people sharing pictures of their Typhoon wave. Might do a little searching and see if I can find them.

It appears to have the Tribal tower, you will love the ease and head room of that tower.

It also still has the old aluminum swim plateform brackets. over time they will break. Upgrade to the Stainless steel ones before they break. I did and now I don't have to worry and the plateform doesn't "rattle" any more. Much better. 

Troy    234

I couldn't find any pictures but I did find several people talk about the 07+ typhoon surfing great. Are you goofy or regular? If you surf goofy, you need an a-plate to really make the wave spot on, unless you have the super rare right hand prop rotation. 

h2ohangtime    4

Thanks Troy--I'm regular, but may have the occasional goofy rider.  I was thinking about upgrading the wake plate to the Bennett eventually, but not right out of the gate. I would assume I could couple the A-plate with the Bennett actuators?

I was specifically looking for the Tribal Tower because of how low it folds and the associated head room that you talk about.  

Thanks also for the note on the platform brackets--I'll keep apprised of that.  

Troy    234

Yes, You can do the a-plate with the Bennett. Search for my thread about the asymmetrical plate addition. It didn't hurt my regular wave but made my goofy wave awesome.  I will say I always leave my plate up all the time. Might go down for when the kids tube a bit but otherwise its always up.  Also when you upgrade ballast, go straight to custom sacs and additional impeller pumps.  You can make the other stuff work but it will cost more in the long run, because you will want custom sacs and reversible pumps. LOL  I also did a write up about my custom sac and pump install. 

Edited by Troy

h2ohangtime    4

Right on, thanks again.  Since this one is an original-owner boat and it's been maintained at the same place since they bought it, I'm more hopeful that this won't fall through like the last Avy I was looking at.  Inspection this week and then we'll go from there.  

• Like 1

Dan gib    8

As the owner of a 07 typhoon storm series c4 do it. I love the boat and one of the best waves out there. I run 2-1100s in rear and stock center 250# tank and homemade shaper, wave is massive even with two people on the boat. I have it all plumbed in with tsunami pumps. Boat runs very well plows threw chop. Even if I half or 3/4 fill my rear sacks it surfs great.

msg me if you have any questions

h2ohangtime    4
11 minutes ago, Dan gib said:

As the owner of a 07 typhoon storm series c4 do it. I love the boat and one of the best waves out there. I run 2-1100s in rear and stock center 250# tank and homemade shaper, wave is massive even with two people on the boat. I have it all plumbed in with tsunami pumps. Boat runs very well plows threw chop. Even if I half or 3/4 fill my rear sacks it surfs great.

msg me if you have any questions

Thanks Dan!  Do you have any problems getting the wake shaper to hold?  It looks like the lip on the side goes a lot closer to the transom than on the Avy--I was thinking of going with the same setup you have if my 750's don't get the wave big enough.  Do you list it at all or is the weight balanced 50/50 in the rear?

rhino89523    34

I don't have the typhoon, I have an Avy. I run a homemade wake shaper and find it to not be sensitive at all to placement as long as it is somewhere below or in the waterline it works fine.  I doubt you will have any trouble getting a shaper to stick. 

Edited by rhino89523

Dan gib    8
23 hours ago, h2ohangtime said:

Thanks Dan!  Do you have any problems getting the wake shaper to hold?  It looks like the lip on the side goes a lot closer to the transom than on the Avy--I was thinking of going with the same setup you have if my 750's don't get the wave big enough.  Do you list it at all or is the weight balanced 50/50 in the rear?

No I run it even I think listing is a bad option but that just me I know some people like it usually they are folks without a shaper. If you have the 750s you will be good but if purchasing them I would go 1100s.

As far as the shaper it never has fallen off and zero issues mounting it.

Dan gib    8

Post some pics of the boat if you can. Mine is a lot different with the options like fresh air exhaust the evo tower and fiberglass swim deck.

h2ohangtime    4
42 minutes ago, Dan gib said:

Post some pics of the boat if you can. Mine is a lot different with the options like fresh air exhaust the evo tower and fiberglass swim deck.

Here you go--this one should show it pretty well: StarboardAft.jpg

• Like 1

Dan gib    8
On 8/30/2018 at 0:21 PM, h2ohangtime said:

Here you go--this one should show it pretty well: StarboardAft.jpg

Looking good, not a huge yellow fan but seems very clean did you get her yet?

h2ohangtime    4
On 9/6/2018 at 6:11 AM, Dan gib said:

Looking good, not a huge yellow fan but seems very clean did you get her yet?

Yup, picked her up Sunday.  Trailer brakes needed some work, so it's in the shop for that, but we'll be at the lake this weekend.  

brkoch    1

Just posted a new topic, but maybe I should have posted here instead.  I am also looking at a 2007 Typhoon that is very low hours.  It is pretty much stock with the smaller ballast in the back and center.  I am wondering if I will have to upgrade these to surf or if they will work as is?  What about the stock pumps?  Also, what wakeshaper's does everyone have?  Will ballast and a wakeshaper be sufficient or is there something else needed?  What should I expect to pay for something with less than 100 hours on it?

Thanks!

codo511    2
On 9/4/2019 at 4:35 PM, brkoch said:

Just posted a new topic, but maybe I should have posted here instead.  I am also looking at a 2007 Typhoon that is very low hours.  It is pretty much stock with the smaller ballast in the back and center.  I am wondering if I will have to upgrade these to surf or if they will work as is?  What about the stock pumps?  Also, what wakeshaper's does everyone have?  Will ballast and a wakeshaper be sufficient or is there something else needed?  What should I expect to pay for something with less than 100 hours on it?

Thanks!

Brkock did you end up getting that 07 typhoon w  ~100 hrs? Ballpark price? I’m looking at one right now with 300 and it’s super clean… just trying to gauge values in 2022…

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..