Sign in to follow this  
migwrx

H6 coastal edition

migwrx    0

Does anyone know where plug #1 is located as per the owners manual.

also other then draining the exhaust and heat excahanger is there anything else that needs to be done the winterize an ri 237

InfinitySurf    302

Sorry, I have not winterized an H6.

On "other things" tho....Personally, I also suck up the non-toxic anti-freeze after I drain everything. I know there is opinions both ways, I figure it helps prevent corrosion and also dilutes any potential water left in any pockets. Some people suck up the AF....and then drain it too. I use the boat some during winter so I leave impeller in during winter and replace it in the Spring. (I just built a new boat garage....heated/cooled, so that will make winter riding easier. Also now only 1000ft from the lake).

I heard one trick is after you winterize, take the boat for a trailer ride as that will help get rid of any remaining pockets of water, tho the problem with water freezing is when it has nowhere to expand...so pockets after draining should be harmless as long as you opened everything you were supposed too (oh yea...after removing each drain plug and letting the water drain, I then put a shop vac up too hole and I get a pretty decent amount of additional water out since that suction pulls more out of engine). I am slightly OCD about these things tho, even tho where I am from we do not see a lot of freezing weather and when we do, it rarely lasts too long. Seeing you are from Canada, where you can take a piss outside and its frozen before it hits the ground, I would take extra precautions :vava: