scotts911e    0

I Just picked up a 1991 Centurion Falcon open bow I bent the prop shaft and can't find any information on the correct size shaft I need there are a ton of 

falcon shafts out there but  none of them match what I measured which is 51"L  X 1" o.d   I have never heard of a 1" o.d shaft every falcon shaft online ebay etc. 

are all 1" 1/8 so any help out there as to the size I need or locating a new or used shaft would greatly be appreciated!

88falcon    0
12 hours ago, scotts911e said:

I Just picked up a 1991 Centurion Falcon open bow I bent the prop shaft and can't find any information on the correct size shaft I need there are a ton of 

falcon shafts out there but  none of them match what I measured which is 51"L  X 1" o.d   I have never heard of a 1" o.d shaft every falcon shaft online ebay etc. 

are all 1" 1/8 so any help out there as to the size I need or locating a new or used shaft would greatly be appreciated!

I'm 99% sure it is a 1" od shaft .  If you call skidim I'm sure they can tell you for sure and get you one ordered . 

Timr71    8

It's definitely a 1" shaft.  I had to replace mine too...1993 Falcon open bow.  I ended up finding one off eBay.  I think the one I got came out of a ski supreme.  1 inch shafts were the norm back then.  You can switch to a 1"1/8 but you'll need a new transmission coupler, new shaft log, may need a new strut, need new strut bearings, and a new prop to fit the larger diameter.  

Timr71    8

Do you have it out of the boat and are you sure that i's 51" L?  That seems long to me.  I think mine was 42"  This one looks like it should fit.  

1" drive shaft.  

scotts911e    0

yeah I measured it and it's 51" long I bought a 41" shaft of Cl for a centurion and it was way short now I'm stuck with it!

Timr71    8
7 hours ago, scotts911e said:

yeah I measured it and it's 51" long I bought a 41" shaft of Cl for a centurion and it was way short now I'm stuck with it!

Sorry.  Throw that thing up on eBay and see if you can get it sold.  I found my shaft paperwork and the one that I bought was 44" long and it fits great.  

Finding a 51" without having it made...I guess like I said, all of the brands, Mastercraft, Nautique, Ski Supreme, Ski Brendella, etc. used 1" od shafts back then, so you'll have to search far and wide to try and find one.  Otherwise it's call Skidim or Marine hardware and have them start making you one.  That's going to cost a bit of $$$.  

Timr71    8

You have a picture of your Falcon?  Post it here and/or in the Falcon / Tru Trac thread please.  I'd like to see what yours looks like.  Thanks.