Sign in to follow this  
bard

06 C4 avy ballist set up. bow weight?

bard    1

So i pulled the trigger on an 06 avy c4.  Love it so far.  been going back and forth with using a suckgate and both sides weighed down and then just listing it to port side. ( havn't had too many goofy riders)    I have an 1100 pound in the port and 700 starboard rear lockers.  also the mid tank full and have a couple portable 540 pound straight bags I've been moving around.  It doesn't have an adjustable wake plate just the fixed. just wondering what everyone's preference is to get the best wake as far as both sides weighted down with a suckgate vs listed.  If listed do you use bow weight?  and also does anyone use the v shaped bags up front and if so what fit best? I figure i need a v bag up front and then have the 2 540 straights to move around the back maybe?    Every trip out so far has been with a different amount of people and some days have been a zoo with boats and wind so its hard for me to say what worked best so far.

Willy.Fire    6

I was going to put this in the bow https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-integrated-bow-sac.html and this under port side bench https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-tube-sac.html not sure if they would fill completely but when we put a 750 up front along with 400 on top of port seat that was the best wave we found with 2- 3 people on board   More people less ballast. Really miss the avy ): 

rhino89523    34

Mine we are about 50/50 regular to goofy, so listing isn't really an option. I run at about 6000ft most the time and if I weight too heavy without some bow weight I can out weight the prop. I run a enzo bag on the port side and fill it, mine isn't a C4 so I deal with the walkthrough. I run a 400 under the walkway, and an 800 in the walkway. I have another 800 I can fill as needed to pull down the bow if there are too many guys in the boat because guys don't seem to sit up there. For some reason the stock center tank seems to have more effect on out weighting the prop so If I am having trouble moving the load I adjust by dumping the center. Bow weight makes the wave longer, stern weight makes it taller/steeper...people like it different ways so I mess with it all the time. I do run a suck gate and a lot of the people who have ridden my wave seem to like it better than some of the much more expensive waves they have been on.

P10-WRC    6
20 hours ago, Willy.Fire said:

I was going to put this in the bow https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-integrated-bow-sac.html and this under port side bench https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-tube-sac.html not sure if they would fill completely but when we put a 750 up front along with 400 on top of port seat that was the best wave we found with 2- 3 people on board   More people less ballast. Really miss the avy ): 

does that bow bag go under the seats or on top?

bomoseen avy    45

I had an '03 Avy with walkthrough. We listed to port as we were all regular riders. Custom port avy bag (1500#) with 400#bag on port seat, 400# bag in bow and fat brick on platform with small crew. Calm lake too as rubrail was wet. Like Willy.Fire says trimmed the seat bags when more crew on board...

Edited by bomoseen avy

park6361    19

I have an 06 avy C4. I have factory tanks full, and a 750# in each locker, with a device stuck on the opposite side of the wave. Works like a charm, my speed is 10.7. Last weekend the device ripped off, so we improvised, emptied all water out of hard tank, put everyone on one side (large crew) for a good list (rub rail wet), and sped up to 11.2. still worked well, I just don't like listing that much.