Jimrowe0

Removing Switchblade from Enzo sv240

Jimrowe0    4

Just picked up an 07 enzo sv240 with the switchblade.   I'm probably going to take off the switchblade set-up and just use ballast and asymmetrical plate.   Can I remove the whole system with wiring, controls, etc without any issues?   How involved is removing everything?    Has anyone here done this that can offer any insight?  

Edited by Jimrowe0

h20king    794

Sure you can remove it. I have not removed one but have installed one. Problem you are going to run into is what to do with the 4  9/16" holes left in the transoms. They go all the way through and are located below the water line not to mention the 1/4" holes In the transom that the wires pass through. 

h20king    794

Yes if you want it to look right if you don't care  bolts and 5200.

Jimrowe0    4

With the asymmetrical plate Can it be fixed or does it need to be adjustable?   I could leave everything there and just take off the blade and install an asymmetrical plate but I would image It would need to be fixed.

h20king    794

Work in reserve. If you're switchblade came stock from the factory you will have no trim tab though 

Jimrowe0    4

Thanks.  Can anyone comment on an asymmetrical plate and if it be can be fixed position?   There is a standard fixed plate mounted below the switchblade.  

Edited by Jimrowe0

h20king    794

Yes you can do a fixed asymmetrical plate do a search there should be a old thread somewhere I believe darksider did a thread. You have the blade why not try it first? It's a pain but it works

Jimrowe0    4

Because it’s a pain like you said and the drag it creates when going faster and docking, we also will be trailering our boat next year.  We will probably try it a little through the end of year since removal can’t happen until winter. 

super1990    18

I just left my hardware on the boat and just pulled off the blade. I put on a surf system and built a centre plate just short of the switchblade hardware. It works great.