Chevypower

Need advice on what boat to purchase

Chevypower    1

Hey guys, I need some help.

I have a 2003 Hurricane Elite V.  I have about as good of a wake as you can get with it without sinking the boat.  My 10 year old daughter and 13 year old son can surf without the rope, and my son is already moving into a more advanced board.  The 21foot boat is just to small for the fam and friends, and I would like  to get as good a boat with as good a wave as I can for the next 6 to 8 years I have the kids in the house wanting to spend family time together.  I am staying under 50K and located in Southern Oregon.  I have looked at 2010ish Enzo online, but don't know the difference between the SV, FS and whatnot.  I'm not sure if this is even the boat you would suggest.

Im looking to go 23ft for more room, and as wide a boat as possible, because I know my Elite V is skinny and really only seats 6 comfortably.

So what would you suggest I look for?  I assume online is my only avenue for finding something, and most boats will be in California anyway.  Maybe I can find something in Reno area.

DrNate    426

I would think you could find an SV230 under $50K in that neck of the woods but it might be like a 2008 or so.  I know Cali boats are WAY expensive.  You might be able to buy one in another location and have it shipped for cheaper.  The internet is your friend.  Search onlyinboards and boattrader.com.  Another search tool is SearchTempest.com, which searches Craigslists all over the country.  And if it were me and you could swing it, I would buy an SV240 even.  I highly doubt there will be any FS boats in your price range but doesn't hurt to look.  

Hope that helps

doug743    53

If you are financing, get the better fit,  i have had a sv230, sv240 2012 and now a fs44 2015.  all been great. I would find a cats, ram fill boat, makes life easier and you can get better rates on newer boats

Tulsarust    0

I'm in the "same boat" as OP. Few questions that relate:

1.  Is a SV240 the same as a SV244?

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-Centurion-Enzo-SV-244-for-sale-Mesa-Arizona-85591.aspx

2.  My experience has been in my in laws 2013 Malibu MXZ ballasted full, wedge dropped, and surfgate. Great wave for us but too much money for me at $75 to 85k used. Can the Enzo produce a wave for 6'2" 245lb rider without a suckgate?

3.  We plan on 55% surf (50% of family is goofy), 30% wakeboard and  15% of time my wife will slalom for a few passes.  Can the attitude plate be lowered to flatten the wake to be respectable?   We are used to 9 years with a 21' Sea Ray deckboat wave which isn't small by any means. 

Thanks!!

DrNate    426
On 9/23/2018 at 4:46 PM, Tulsarust said:

I'm in the "same boat" as OP. Few questions that relate:

1.  Is a SV240 the same as a SV244?

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-Centurion-Enzo-SV-244-for-sale-Mesa-Arizona-85591.aspx

2.  My experience has been in my in laws 2013 Malibu MXZ ballasted full, wedge dropped, and surfgate. Great wave for us but too much money for me at $75 to 85k used. Can the Enzo produce a wave for 6'2" 245lb rider without a suckgate?

3.  We plan on 55% surf (50% of family is goofy), 30% wakeboard and  15% of time my wife will slalom for a few passes.  Can the attitude plate be lowered to flatten the wake to be respectable?   We are used to 9 years with a 21' Sea Ray deckboat wave which isn't small by any means. 

Thanks!!

1.  The 240 and 244 are the exact same boat except on the 244 the windshield has been moved forward 18" so that the cabin area is larger and the bow area is smaller

2.  In short, yes.  Wave is tried and true for many years

3.  Yes, you can slalom behind it, I have done.  Only suggestion here is if you're going to be surfing goofy make sure you get an asymmetrical wake plate.  These  can be had for cheap if it doesn't already come with one

Tulsarust    0

Thank you DrNate!  I'm in Tulsa, Oklahoma and we don't have a Centurion dealer in the area. 

1: any year models to focus on for reliability

2: any engine to avoid that isn't powerful enough?

3:  will a SV240 require PnP Bags also?

thanks!

DrNate    426
9 hours ago, Tulsarust said:

Thank you DrNate!  I'm in Tulsa, Oklahoma and we don't have a Centurion dealer in the area. 

1: any year models to focus on for reliability

2: any engine to avoid that isn't powerful enough?

3:  will a SV240 require PnP Bags also?

thanks!

1. Not necessarily, just realize that if it's a 2011 or newer you will want to swap the Quick Fill valves out.  (it's not hard or too expensive)

2.  230's with a 343 is okay but not sure I'd want a 240 without the 409

3.  Almost any boat with require PnP bags, so, yes, the 240 is no exception