darrenhunter

Ri237 Rides leaning to drivers side

The boat will sit perfectly flat when not moving but as soon as we start driving the boat  is leaning to the starboard side. It can be leveled out with the cats fin but is this normal. Does anyone else have this problem. I checked all the ballast bags and they are empty, ramfill is empty.  Any suggestions??

Darkside    248

Cycle quick surf tabs.... one tab is likely not retracting fully. 

h20king    794

How far is the lean and how is your gear distributed? Mine leaned slightly to the right tel we re distributed our gear. The opti v hull is somewhat sensitive 

The gear is even and People have been even and it still wants to lean to the right. I will double check surf tabs but I tried cycling them to. 

49faith    4

Just a thought, are you checking ramfill by the screen or the gates? maybe your fill gate is popped open. Happened to us last weekend.

MBMathis67    0

Did you ever get this figured out? I just bought a 2017 Ri237 and it also leans/lists to the starboard side unless I set the CATS between 7-10....Seems odd to me. Thanks!

InfinitySurf    302

If it sits level when still and then leans a little when going, I would say its likely the prop spin leaning it over some when in gear, I put more of my gear on Port side to account for that on my boat

• Like 1

Hey everyone. I think i figured it out.  My ri237 was leaning heavily to starboard side and no matter what I'd did with CATS or on boarding water to the opposite side it didn't help.  After reading some threads here I got it fixed.  There are valves with silver handles on them. You have to access them from the engine compartment not the little one under the sliding seat.   There are silver handles that get engaged in and out with a plastic arm that pushes out and in wheb you acticitate the ballasts. Theres a little blackplastic clip that fell off the silver bar and would leave it permanently open.  Push the arm bar back in as far as possible and flush with where the clip is and then reattach the clip onto the silver arm.   Worked like a champ and fixed the problem.  Fill the side it was leaning on with water and then drain.  Should fix it immediately.  Email if you wany a pic at matthewkober@gmail.com. it won't let me upload.  

volzalum    280

Just for comparison, I regularly use the cats at 7-11 depending on load to keep the boat level (2015 FS44). Boats with fixed fins actually have the fins installed at about that angle so it is actually unreasonable to think the CATS should be at zero for a level ride underway.

• Like 1