Texifornian

Centurion doesn’t care about the Dallas customers

Texifornian    0

Freedom Powersports owns the Dallas territory for centurion.  They are bad.  I surf behind nautiques, master crafts, supras, Malibu’s, axis’s, regals, and more.  I love the wave I can create with my Ri217.  I put over 200 hrs surfing it in one year.  It would have been 400 hrs if freedom’s service didn’t suck so bad.  I’m trading my boat, for a better boat (not as great of a wave, but better boat), because my boat is always sitting in the parking lot at freedom Powersports and they don’t have the courtesy to even cover it.  I didn’t get a boat to always have it in the shop.  Freedom Powersports is busy fixing 4 wheelers and called me an big bird because I wanted my 1 year old boat that is leaking water in the hull put in front of the line.  My lost summer due to poor service.  Don’t buy a centurion if you live in dfw.  I’m buying a nautique.  There service here is 2nd to none.  Centurion and freedom provide 0 support at cedar creek.  Sad! >$100,000 mistake

wheels    151

Way to stick it to centurion buy buying a nautique! You know they are owned by the same company. Troll much?

• Haha 1

enzo101mo    98

Have you called the Centurion in Merced,  Ca and complained about this?    Sounds like maybe the drive shaft  needs to be Lubed.  I think but could be wrong if the packing around shaft is low water can come in.   I have seen this on a thread a long time ago.  How far is the next dealer from you or is there a boat mechanic nearby?

InfinitySurf    302

New boats have dripless seal at shaft.

@Texifornian Do you know where leak was coming from, or you just finding water in bilge and didn't know why and was asking dealer to investigate? Lots of ways water can end up in bilge, especially when surfing, could be organic (people dripping water into boat...washing washing into boat from stopping, etc. Could also be leak in ballast line somewhere, leak in raw water system, etc), unless you saw water literally leaking thru hull, this is what I am curious about. 400hrs is a LOT of surfing....jealous.

Texifornian    0

Thanks 4 the input.  I’m going to pay the nautique dealership to replace the packing and see if it solves the problem.  My bilge dumps gallons as surfing.  The nautique dealer is like the Maytag repairman.  They’ve been waiting to fix a boat.  Nearest centurion dealership is in Austin.  3.5 hours away. I’m just gonna bite the bullet, pay, and submit bill to centurion.  Fingers crossed they do the right thing. They are very aware of my situation.  

I am in love with my wave as I create custom waves for each surfer.  I really just wish there was a reputable service center in the Dallas area.

wheels    151

Your boat does not have packing. Sounds like your issue is with your dealer not centurion. Don’t bash the brand for a crappy dealer. I get the frustration but sounds like there’s a simple fix to your issue, just needs to be found. And you need to find someone capable. 

X-MCer    0

I will forward my contacts at Centurion to you.I had a windshield that was installed so badly that the latches didn't catch they  were 1/2 inch away, of course I was pissed that my first 80's bayliner windsheid fit better than my new 5 figure boat .  A quick call to Centurion in Cali and I was able to talk to public relations on first ring and was transfered to an engineer on the same call . They were very responsive called the dealer and forced them to repair in 3 days down time. The point being that they made things happen right away. I would not take my investment to any dealer that was going to leave my boat uncovered and treat me like crap.. screw them. Climb the corporate ladder and mean woman get the satisfaction you want . I would ask them to make an appointment at a dealer of your preference and hire transportation to and from, after all it's not your fault the dealer that is near you is not meeting or exceeding your expectations. Sounds like it's not a Centurion problem rather a dealer networking problem. thanks

Cdifranco    463

Sucks feeling like that. I’ve been in the same situation since 2013, my marina is straight up rubbish and the closest dealer is 500 miles away. It’s not the boat brand, it’s the marina.  It really is discouraging 

Texifornian    0

Trying the 2019 Supra se tomorrow and surfing the 2019 nautique friday.  Either way, looks like my love affair with centurion is going to be over, because I require service.  Hopefully the new waves can compete.  Centurion needs to require a higher level of service from their dealers.   I’ll report back my findings.

Cdifranco    463
8 hours ago, Texifornian said:

Trying the 2019 Supra se tomorrow and surfing the 2019 nautique friday.  Either way, looks like my love affair with centurion is going to be over, because I require service.  Hopefully the new waves can compete.  Centurion needs to require a higher level of service from their dealers.   I’ll report back my findings.

If those don’t work out and you’re interested in Tige the guys at eagle marine in white settlement are great. Have gotten to know them over the years and they’d take care of you. 

Troy    234

Try Scream Marine. Shane works there now and is a Top Notch Marine tech and use to work for Centurion. 

That sucks you are having issues like that from Freedom! Hope they get their service situation figured out quick. 

DrNate    426
2 hours ago, Troy said:

Try Scream Marine. Shane works there now and is a Top Notch Marine tech and use to work for Centurion. 

That sucks you are having issues like that from Freedom! Hope they get their service situation figured out quick. 

I thought Scream Marine was an audio place?!?!

Troy    234
4 hours ago, DrNate said:

I thought Scream Marine was an audio place?!?!

Yes but trying to get into repairs also.  Shane is the man when it comes to Centurion boats. 

Edited by Troy

DrNate    426
18 minutes ago, Troy said:

Yes but trying to get into repairs also.  Shane is the man when it comes to Centurion boats. 

Ahh, didn't know they were trying to get into boat repairs.  They definitely got the right man for the job then

• Like 1

Troy    234

I stand corrected. I just contacted Scream and they are still only doing audio. Not getting into Repair like I thought. 

I apologize for the bad info earlier.  

Tleeah    33

I am sorry you are having so many issues with Freedom.  I had an older Centurion through them and was pleased with their service.  I would definitely let Centurion HQ know for sure so they can get it addressed.  

Cdifranco    463
1 hour ago, Tleeah said:

I am sorry you are having so many issues with Freedom.  I had an older Centurion through them and was pleased with their service.  I would definitely let Centurion HQ know for sure so they can get it addressed.  

Not to be negative but in my experience with a bad marina HQ ya ya ya’d me and nothing ever changed. Eventually the marina stopped carrying the brand. 

zeej2020    3

Im out on cedar creek in my Fi23 most weekends. have not seen you on your Ri.  Wonder where you are surfing at?  I've put 100 hours on it since March and have had an issue with Freedom service but they have made it right and Jayson is great.  I'd say if you are putting those kind of hours on the boat you are not doing too bad.  Buxton and the long cove guys are anything but perfect and you are going to be paying a premium on that boat for what they say will be premium service but you'll just have to see how that plays out over time.  If you like the centurion brand i wouldnt be leaving. Dallas has got to be one of their fastest growing markets if not the fastest growing market, and would have the potential to be the biggest market for them id imagine. No chance Freedom does not get their act together on the service side. Too much money on the table to be lost if they do not.   Centurions are putting the best waves out right now and that isnt looking like its changing here anytime soon.  Boating can be frustrating at times and nobody wants  their 100k plus toys to be sitting still when finding the time to use them can be so difficult as is.  Hope it works out for you and hope you are talking this through with Jayson. I've found him to be super helpful when Freedom's service let me down.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Texifornian    0

Jason sucks at freedom!  I surf at the dam, under the low bridge by the ski school, and every once in a while on the north side.  Headed to try a tig’e today.  I offered to open a service center for centurion at cedar creek and they told me to pound sand.  Buxton didn’t fix my problem.  Centurion doesn’t care.  My boat is in Austin at ski dock hopefully getting the last repairs under my ownership.  What a nightmare.  Wish I had this time to surf behind my boat instead of complain on this forum about their poor service!

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/6678101151.html

Troy    234

My experience with Jason is the exact opposite, also when I have had to deal with Centurion, all have been good experiences.  After I bought my Avy in 2010 (new 2008 left over on the lot) my dealer dropped the Centurion brand. I had a few issues that I had to deal with Centurion directly on. Good outcomes. Been up to Freedom Several times since they took over selling Centurions. Never had in issue. Hell they even gave me a hand working on my boat free of charge. Sorry you have had your experience with them but it doesn't seem to be the norm. 

What other issues are you having or is the leak the only one?