ryankat84    0

I have a 2017 Ri217 with only 14 hours the quick surf left does not engage. It will eventually start working but takes a lot attempts for it to engage. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to get it to work. It almost seems like a glitch in the system not communicating with the actuator. 

InfinitySurf    302

Assume you have shut down system fully with battery off to reset? Its possible it needs software update, but hard to know something like that without more detail. Actuator may have gotten water in it, etc. Under warranty correct

wheels    151

The latest software update does have a fix for the surf tabs not retracting all the way but don’t think it will fix it not engaging. I think you have a bad actuator 

luluzer    50

I had this exact problem also iin my 217. Turned out the actuator was stripped and wouldn't fully retract. Once I got a new one installed (under the warranty) hasn't happened since. Maybe this is your issue as well?

ryankat84    0

Everything seems to be working after I turned off all the power to the entire boat.  I think it is a software issue but for now it is working.  Thanks for the tips.  

InfinitySurf    302

software update is pretty easy and painless to do. I asked dealer for a copy on my own USB key (use brand new one) so I will have it if needed in future.