Sign in to follow this  
Dieselbreath

'17 S238 blood stain on the flooring

So last weekend out on the lake my daughter ended up with a cut on her toe.  In the process we got a couple spots of blood on the flooring of the boat.  (not Carpet or fiberglass)  I believe it is the Gator step flooring and clues as to how to get it out without damaging the floor?

This is what the flooring looks like,  this is on the trailer since the boat is all covered up.

241CE070-CA71-47D6-B57F-5CEFCB775B33.jpeg

scttmzr    2

Yeah, that is either gator step or seadek. I'm not sure what material Supreme uses from the factory, but either way they are basically the same.

I don't know of any special way to clean this material, but anytime I have had a blood stain on something I have used hydrogen peroxide to get it out. Not sure if it will work on gator step, but you could give it a shot. Maybe try a little in a small non-visible corner first.

-HONCHO-    13

+1 hydrogen peroxide and defiantly test it first cause it will bleach things out, maybe on the bumper of the trailer or somewhere it won't attract some eyeballing  :shok:

FYI it is gator step that you have and yours is called sharkfin, scraped texture :thumbup:

Edited by -HONCHO-

Was able to get a hold of gator step and their recommendation for blood was a mixture of bleach and water.  1gallon water to a cup of bleach,  I cut that recipe in half not needing a large amount.  Low and behold it appears that it may be gone,  we will see when the flooring dries completely.  If so I will be so much happier,  all of the stains were very obvious and in the biggest most visible panels.  Now for the threat of rain to stop so I can uncover the boat, vacuum it out and clean/treat the interior.  Boat juice is calling my name.