sporte77    5

Just got the Fi21 yesterday.  I got the optional PNP transom bag with it.  I found that I don't need it.  When I was using the quicksurf profile settings (surf left, etc.) - I had the transom bag set to zero - but it kept filling anyway!

So my question is this - I am going to remove the transom bag.  Can I somehow deactivate the pump through programming - or do I have to unplug wiring?  Or, do I just attach/join the fill and overflow hoses?  Obviously, if it's set to zero & keeps trying to fill anyway, it's going to pump water in the transom locker.

There is one other BIG DEAL I am worried about with the Fi boats:   Centurion has not come up with a "recall" style dealer fix for the fact that if you sit with the engine shut off, while full of ballast, water is going to go up the exhaust into the engine.  That's a pretty big deal to me.  I don't think I'll forget - but how many engines have gotten - or will get water inside the oil.  Sure, after a hydro-lock, the dealer will drain the oil and get out some water - but it will never get it all out.   It's definitely going to reduce engine internal component life.  Factory guys - are you listening?

sporte77    5

Answer: it was in dealer settings (lock symbol).  Then I just set the fill and empty times to zero and joined the fill and drain hoses.

h20king    794

Why disconnect the transom bag unless you like a small wake we run all full except bow sack which we run at 35%

h20king    794

Create another profile or go to ballast screen and fill sacks that way. 

sporte77    5
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:10 AM, h20king said:

Why disconnect the transom bag unless you like a small wake we run all full except bow sack which we run at 35%

Fi21 doesn't need the transom bag get a monster wave.  I do have 100# wakeballast steel bags in back though.  I've also got some other stuff back there - so mostly use it as storage area now.  Transom bag is 350#.  The Fi21 has more ballast capacity than it needs to equate & pass any 21' boat surf wave..  If you overload it, you'll just get a washed out surf wave that requires the stinger to be down all the way.  With Ramfill + rear PNP lockers - its enough.  I also fill the Center & Bow ballast (plus people of course).   With the 21' boats - they're a little more sensitive to "pitch" than the longer boats.

sporte77    5
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:11 AM, h20king said:

Create another profile or go to ballast screen and fill sacks that way. 

Oddly, even using the profile with transom bag zero - it was still filling up on it's own when that profile was activated.  So, like I ended up doing with my Malibu, I've reverted to just using the ballast screen.  Too many variables (rider levels, people levels, fuel levels, etc...)..  But I did end up just deactivating the transom bag through the dealer option screen. 

h20king    794
21 hours ago, sporte77 said:

Fi21 doesn't need the transom bag get a monster wave.  I do have 100# wakeballast steel bags in back though.  I've also got some other stuff back there - so mostly use it as storage area now.  Transom bag is 350#.  The Fi21 has more ballast capacity than it needs to equate & pass any 21' boat surf wave..  If you overload it, you'll just get a washed out surf wave that requires the stinger to be down all the way.  With Ramfill + rear PNP lockers - its enough.  I also fill the Center & Bow ballast (plus people of course).   With the 21' boats - they're a little more sensitive to "pitch" than the longer boats.

In our fi23 we ride all full with the exception of the bow bag which I fill to 35% plus we have 100lbs of wake ballast under each rear sack 100lbs under transom sack plus 50lbs each side mid ship. Our wake is anything but washed out. 

sporte77    5
10 hours ago, h20king said:

In our fi23 we ride all full with the exception of the bow bag which I fill to 35% plus we have 100lbs of wake ballast under each rear sack 100lbs under transom sack plus 50lbs each side mid ship. Our wake is anything but washed out. 

Yep, 23' vs 21'.  I'm happy & it sounds like you are too.  :-D